CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Thought this would be easy???   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1040 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Thought this would be easy??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Thought this would be easy??? - 11/16/2005 10:31:54 PM   
jlacasci

Yes I'm a newbie, just purchased Nero 7 ultra Edition.  I have a DVD from Wal*Mart transferred VHS movies.
My DVD is a Pioneer DVR 110D.  I'm able to putz around and do a DVD to DVD copy, but what I want to do is this:

Copy or Burn the DVD from Wal*Mart to disk (folder) etc... so that I can make a bunch of DVD's when I want to.  Even though I've printed out the darn near 1000 pages of PDF's from nere.com on this product, I can't figure out how the heck to do it. 

In a nuttshell, I have a DVD Video, I want to copy the contents to a folder on my drive.  Then be able to create
burn multiple DVD's on some Sony DVD+R disk from the folder.  The disk need to be able to run on standard DVD player hooked up to a TV or on a computer.  

Thanks,
Joe
Post #: 1
RE: Thought this would be easy??? - 11/17/2005 5:12:48 AM   
Antonio

Welcome!!!

Do you want to backup a DVD-Video disc? If it has any protection use DVD Decrypetr or DVD Shrink to remove it.

(in reply to jlacasci)
Post #: 2
RE: Thought this would be easy??? - 11/17/2005 9:23:53 AM   
jlacasci

No it's not encrypted.  I'm not sure if "technically" it's called a movie disk.  It's a DVD for sure... My mother-in-law took a bunch of VHS tapes to Wal*Mar and had them put on a DVD.  There's an opening part, add for the service, then the next section with a bunch of windows for each title on the DVD, then the compiled VHS movies.

Here's what I'd love to find the answer to:
All I want to do is put the Wal*Mart CD in the Pioneer, copy it's contents to a folder on my hard drive. And be able to burn 13 DVD's onto DVD-R's from the folder on the hard drive that can be played on a TV or computer. 

I've tried a bunch of differnet tools/applications on the darn software, and the manual (1000 pages of it) isn't very clear to a newbie.   I think I've tried Nero Express (this allows me to go DVD to blank DVD but I couldn't get it to a folder but the DVD I burned ran fine.  I tried Record 2 and it did put the files from the original DVD in a folder & burned a DVD.  But the DVD doesn't run nor does the one I tried burning from the folder.  I cant' even remember if the backup application DVD copy worked or not. 

I'd love to find a book on this product because it's become obvious that there a lot more to this stuff than I need to know and I'm sure I'm just getting in my own way.  A book with examples would be great!

Thanks again,
Joe

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 3
RE: Thought this would be easy??? - 11/17/2005 9:38:40 AM   
Antonio

If you open the folders what files you see? Audio_TS and Video_TS or something else?

(in reply to jlacasci)
Post #: 4
RE: Thought this would be easy??? - 11/17/2005 2:02:23 PM   
jlacasci

I'm at work now so don't have access to the foler, I'll get you that info this evening. 

Thanks,
Joe

(in reply to jlacasci)
Post #: 5
RE: Thought this would be easy??? - 11/17/2005 8:33:01 PM   
jlacasci

The files are VIDEO_TS, VTS_01_0, VTS_01_1, same thing but _2   _3  _4 

Thanks,
Joe

(in reply to jlacasci)
Post #: 6
RE: Thought this would be easy??? - 11/18/2005 10:35:25 PM   
jlacasci

Okay, I'm almost there.  I've downloaded and installed the latest version of Nero 7.  I'm just using Burning Rom instead of trying to find the application to use. 

I put in my DVD that I want to burn (again, I want a copy on disk so I can make copies as I want them).  Chose DVD copy.  I unchecked the box under the Image tab that says "Delete image file after disk copy".  Clicked Burn and it did as I thought it would.  Copied the image to the folder (Jane) and created the Video files and a Jane.nrg CD Image file.  When it was done I was prompted to put in a bland DVD.  I did and it burned just fine.  The copied DVD works just fine with video and sound.

Okay, so I launched Burning Rom, tried to burn the jane.nrg image.  The video is there, but no sound.  When I use showtime and try to play the file from the folder... Same thing. 

How do I get the sound files _AND_ image files saved to the folder so I can burn a DVD later???

Thanks again,
Joe

(in reply to jlacasci)
Post #: 7
RE: Thought this would be easy??? - 11/19/2005 6:16:29 AM   
Antonio

Get the files onto your hard disk with DVD Decrypter.

If you also have .bup and .iso then it is 100% OK. Open a new DVD-Video compilation in Nero and put all this files into the VIDEO_TS folder. Ignore the AUDIO_TS this is not for video discs. This was the disc should be playable everywhere.

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to jlacasci)
Post #: 8
RE: Thought this would be easy??? - 11/19/2005 3:58:09 PM   
jlacasci

Antonio, thanks for all of your help.  I do appreciate it.  If you don't mind, please explain this to me like I'm a 3 year old, 'cause that's how this software has me feeling at this point!  And.... Beleive it or not but I'm a freaking Unix Admin and an Oracle Database Admin.  This CD/DVD stuff is like pulling teeth!!!!!

I can't find the DVD Decrypter application anywhere.  When I use view the contents of the DVD via Windows Explore, I see the following tree structure on the DVD: two folders  AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS the AUDIO_TS folder is empty.  The VIDEO_TS folder contains the following files:  VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.BOB, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB, VTS_01_4.VOB and finally VTS_01_5.VOB.    The folder that was created when I burned the DVD and selected not to delete the files containst all of these except the two that end in BUP.

So, explaint it to me like I'm an idiot please.  How do I find and launch the Decrypter.  How do I copy or burn these files to the hard drive, then what tool do I use to then burn them to a DVD so that they work? 

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 9
RE: Thought this would be easy??? - 11/19/2005 7:44:08 PM   
Antonio

Hey M8 you are definately not an idiot, do you believe I didn't have any problems at the beginning?

DVD Decrypter is no longer available and maybe this is the reason you cannot find it, however is still a good utility. Instead if this you can get DVD Shrink, which is also no longer alive , or the new DVD Fab Decrypter.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/tm.asp?m=121211

All you need is to tranfer the contents of your discs onto your HD and then burn then in DVD-Video format by putting all those files into the VIDEO_TS folder of Nero compilation.

Check the guide below:
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=8391

If you need anything we are here to help you.

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to jlacasci)
Post #: 10
RE: Thought this would be easy??? - 11/20/2005 5:35:44 PM   
jlacasci

I finally got this thing doing what I want.  Didn't use shink, decrypter or any other stuff.  I think I just used Burning Rom and somehow got it to burn the DVD to my Jane folder.  I made sure that all of the files on the DVD where in the folder.  I saved the "project" as jane.  Then I opened Nero Express, selected Image/Project/Copy, then Disk Image or saved Project.  Navigated to the jane.nrg and clicked burn.  It worked.  The only difference this time compared to other times is that this time there was the files that ended in .BUP. 

Don't ask me what freaking Nero Application of all the one's I tried that eventually put everything I needed in the Jane folder.   I'm assuming it was Burning Rom, but I don't know if I could do it again.  Next time someone wants me to make copies of there home DVD movies, I'll pay them to take them somewhere else!!!!

Thanks for all of the help.  I will be melting the Nero CD, burning the documentaion and using my blank DVD's for skeet shooting later this evening  

Joe

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Thought this would be easy??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI