From: Retired Moderator
Okay, for people having problems with Nero 7 skipping because of what "some" have called a problem with the MP3Pro decoder (I cannot duplicate any problem with it) here is how you can set LAME to be the default decoder when converting MP3's to audio prior to burning with Nero 7:
1. Open Nero Burning ROM. Now select FILE, then OPTIONS.
2. Select AUDIO, then click the OPTIONS box below it.
3. You should now see three tabs, DECODERS, ENCODERS, and CONVERTORS. Make sure you are on the DECODERS tab.
4. Scroll to the LAME decoder (or your CHOICE of decoder), and highlight this. Now look at the MOVE UP box, and click it until your choice is at the TOP. Now CLOSE...
5. This is the default decoder Nero will use, depending on the file type. If the filetype is MP3 and you have selected LAME, this is the encoder it will use.
I have tried to duplicate the skipping sound that many have mentioned, and I have reported this to Nero previously, and I cannot, nor can Nero's lab duplicate any issue with the MP3Pro dll file.
I hope this helps out!
< Message edited by MP3Mogul -- 3/27/2006 5:34:24 PM >
LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D