CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Pure graphics card players expect profitability in 4Q, but ATI GPU shortage a concern !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 768 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Pure graphics card players expect profitability in 4Q, but ATI GPU shortage a concern ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pure graphics card players expect profitability in 4Q, ... - 11/7/2005 6:59:50 AM   
SiliconFreak

Demand for graphics cards began picking up from September as a result of seasonal effects, sources in the Taiwan graphics card industry indicated, adding that domestic pure graphics card makers may return to profitability in the fourth quarter of this year. The sources, however, pointed out that, except for the Radeon 9550 series, supply of graphics processor units (GPUs) from ATI Technologies, is in short supply.

Due to an IC substrate shortage, supplies of ATI’s Radeon 9250, X300, and X550 are short of demand at present, according to sources at graphics card makers. Although the chip vendor launched its 90nm process R5xx series only in the latter half of this year, the Radeon X1800, X1600, and X1300 are also limited in supply, the sources added.

For nine months ended September 30, 2005, Tul, Leadtek Research, Prolink Microsystems, and Yuan High-Tech Development all posted negative earnings per shares (EPS). Yuan said in an interview in October 2004 that it decided to withdraw from the graphics-card market.

In contrast, monthly shipments from motherboard makers whose product diversification also includes graphics cards, outpaced pure graphics card players, market sources indicated. Micro-Star International and Asustek Computer currently maintain monthly graphic cards shipments of more than 600,000 units, whereas Gigabyte Technology managed to increase its monthly shipments to approach 400,000 units, according to the sources.

More info...

Source : DigiTimes
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Pure graphics card players expect profitability in 4Q, but ATI GPU shortage a concern ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI