jimmm, I don't know if this is going to help you at all, but I had to fix similar problem on friends computer. Daemon Tools, Alcohol, Anti-Blaxx and SR7.Stop were installed there, when problems started to manifest. I don't remember the versions of those softwares any more, so sorry for that...
This is how i managed to get things working correctly again:
- Uninstalled ALL CD/DVD-related softwares and drives from Windows. Wanted to play for sure, so disconnected drives, too!
- Removed remains of them from HD.
- Cleaned obsolete/faulty entries from the Registry.
- Defragged the Registry (as there was also the dreaded System Hive problem!)
- Connected drives and let Windows reckognize and install them.
- Installed Nero, Alcohol, Daemon Tools and (unneccessary?) SR7 Stop in that order.
Note missing Anti-Blaxx, as it's known to have problems with some softwares like Daemon Tools (and perhaps SR7 Stop, too).
Result was working system and a happy friend able to play his games.
Oh... and the usual "How much you want for that job?"-"Well, if you MUST, gimme what YOU think is fair..." dialogue was there also, so after all, we were BOTH happy.