CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

What do you think about this?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1232 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> What do you think about this? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What do you think about this? - 10/27/2001 1:11:54 PM   
Treppiede

Go to this site, it gives information about potential damage and issues that can be incountered with determined software...
Click on Edit-->Find and search for CloneCD...
What do you think guys?

http://www.searchlores.org/boobytra.htm

I think it's bs.... but you never know!

Give me a plastic sheet and cut it round with a 12.5cm diameter... my little "Plexy" will get data out of it ;o)
Post #: 1
RE: What do you think about this? - 10/27/2001 3:24:53 PM   
netman

it's not entirely bs, i know for a fact. recently someone i know installed a later version after using a regcleaner to remove the reg entries used for clone. when they installed the newer version and 'registered' it it gave a message 'clonecd not compatible with mitsumi'. i have also heard of the threat to reformat the hd although i have not seen that myself.

when i went from clone2 to clone3 i uninstalled and used a clone regcleaner to completely wipe out clone2 before installing clone3. i even manually removed all elby and clone entries from the registry. when i installed the new version it registered itself using my name and code. it stores info in some other places. there are some new regcleaners circulating now that are supposed to take care of this.

can't blame olli, though. when i used to write custom applications i would boobytrap some of them that were for clients notorious for not paying. a couple of times it came in handy, too.

(in reply to Treppiede)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> What do you think about this? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI