CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

NEC 4550 and Pioneer 110 Cannot get passed Lead in   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 626 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> NEC 4550 and Pioneer 110 Cannot get passed Lead in Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NEC 4550 and Pioneer 110 Cannot get passed Lead in - 10/26/2005 9:16:43 AM   
CORNISHCHARLIE

My story of woe started when I purchased a Sony DW d22A, please keep reading it gets a lot worse. Sure it wasn't very good, fussy with media, no firmware support and a yo-yo for a buffer, but it did the job.
I decided to rectify my mistake with the purchase of an NEC4550A (hurray I hear you say) but when I tried to burn to my new drive it would not get passed th Lead In and always resulted in a reboot. I tried datawrite, tuff disc, ridisc, bulkpak (all dvd-r 8x) using nero and dvd decrypter, but no joy. But I had success with all media using the rather slow majic iso software.
My sony (still fitted) was working fine with all my burning software, I even swapped the drives around(remembering to attend to the master/slave jumpers) but the result was just the same.
I decided I must have a duff drive so I threw caution to the wind Removed the NEC and purchased a Pioneer 110 (rock solid, Can't go wrong). Before using it I upgraded the firmware from the official site and looked forward to faultless burning.But NO !!!!
Same problem but worse, this wouldn't even burn a cd or DVD with any software or media,(ridisc, phillips, tuffdisc, Bulkpaq, ritek,data safe), in fact over 40 discs later, not one single success.
Surely this is no coincidence, my sony is working as well as it ever did, but the trusted NEC4550 and Pioneer 110 cannot get passed the lead in. (both drives will read)
Please help

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: NEC 4550 and Pioneer 110 Cannot get passed Lead in - 10/26/2005 4:49:11 PM   
MP3Mogul

You don't mention a single "WORD" about your system, processor, RAM, hard drives, whether DMA is enabled or not, operating system, 80 wire cable???  All those drives are not bad, they are fantastic drives, you have a "system" problem, not a drive problem.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to CORNISHCHARLIE)
Post #: 2
RE: NEC 4550 and Pioneer 110 Cannot get passed Lead in - 10/27/2005 1:29:39 AM   
Antonio

I much agree on this. I would also say that you have tried with all the"high quality" discs. OK, they are not so bad but try also with a known disc.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 3
RE: NEC 4550 and Pioneer 110 Cannot get passed Lead in - 11/6/2005 3:49:46 PM   
CORNISHCHARLIE

Thankyou so much for replying, and please forgive my lateness in response, I suddenly got called away on work.
Your patience with "newbies" on your forum is admirable.
I'm using a packard bell system runing xp home, with an intelP4 2.53 Ghz processor, with  1Gb Ram. I use 2 maxtor 80G ide harddrives (i presume thats the 80wire)
Forgive me but I dont know what DMA is. What recommended "Known" disc would you sugest.
If I have a "system" problem (not doubting you for one moment), why does my sony drive work just fine, I have of course tried swapping the drives over .

Post #: 4
RE: NEC 4550 and Pioneer 110 Cannot get passed Lead in - 11/6/2005 5:57:59 PM   
MP3Mogul

Charlie,

No problem... Did you check the settings to make sure you have Master or Slave set correctly?  Packard Bell is a little testy and they usually have their drives set to Cable Select.  Look on the "known" working drive you removed, and then look at the drive you are installing and make sure the jumpers are set the same.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> NEC 4550 and Pioneer 110 Cannot get passed Lead in Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI