CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Zone Labs launches PC firewall triplet !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1429 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Zone Labs launches PC firewall triplet ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Zone Labs launches PC firewall triplet ! - 10/21/2005 11:21:29 PM   
SiliconFreak

Zone Labs, the end-point security arm of Check Point Software Technologies Ltd, has come to market with a spyware-prevention system packaged with a firewall that will protect the PC operating system kernel, specific applications, and network connections.

The vendor described the product as a new type of firewall that monitors the operating system as well as working as a network firewall to monitor communications between a PC and the internet. The software will be sold to consumers initially, but as Computer Business Review reported in June, the technology will eventually be incorporated in the enterprise version of ZoneAlarm.

The company has combined a spyware scanner/cleaner and the OSFirewall operating system firewall to protect PC users from spyware, Trojans, keyloggers, and kernel-level rootkit threats. The Zone Lab's software sits deep in Windows, watching for events such as programs trying to insert themselves in start-up scripts or the registry to stop the malware from installing.

ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware, which runs on Windows 98 SE, Me, 2000 Pro, and XP, costs $29.95 for a single user.

Source : CBR Online
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Zone Labs launches PC firewall triplet ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI