CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

C2 inaccuracy reports caused by skipping ?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1146 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality >> C2 inaccuracy reports caused by skipping ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
C2 inaccuracy reports caused by skipping ? - 11/27/2003 2:21:24 PM   
Pio2001

Hello,

Discussing DAE quality ( url=http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?showtopic=15083#entry156116 ), I realized that in the C2 acuracy tests I made ( http://perso.numericable.fr/~laguill2/dae/dae.htm ), the results that I got below 99% (three) came from the CD where the analyze program found skipping in the audio data, while the files with zero skipping returned 99% or better C2 accuracy (three also).

Knowing that skip detection was not a completely accurate process (EAC and DAEquality don't find the same amount of skips in the same files), I concluded that when a skip occured, that is not detected, the data is right, thus not flagged by the drive, but at the wrong place, thus detected as wrong by the analyze program. Then the programs report catastrophic C2 accuracy, since for it, the drive does nothing else that returning wrong data without marking it as erroneous.

Does the version of CDspeed you use search for skipping ? Can we explain all lack of C2 accuracy with skipping in the DAE process ?

Post #: 1
RE: C2 inaccuracy reports caused by skipping ? - 11/28/2003 12:45:18 PM   
sp

Even if a drive is capable of correctly reporting C2 errors, this ability, in practice, has been found not to be 100% accurate.
Your findings support this fact.

Each drive and f/w maker interprets standards in a different way. Usually the one that gets his job done more effortlessly. I would not extrapolate any findings from a few cases to the general case, unless there was a substantial amount of evidence.

WM # CI

(in reply to Pio2001)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality >> C2 inaccuracy reports caused by skipping ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI