CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nvidia plans new Nforce 4 SLI 16X !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1245 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Nvidia plans new Nforce 4 SLI 16X ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nvidia plans new Nforce 4 SLI 16X ! - 9/20/2005 10:56:18 AM   
T3TRISizer

In the last remaining months of 2005 Nvidia plans to update its Nforce 4 SLI platform. The new chipset is going to be called Nforce 4 SLI 16X and we saw it in Nvidia's latest chipset roadmap.

It's listed that it will feature an "enthusiast class" feature set and will sit in a board that's estimated to cost around $140 plus.

We know that its key marketing point will be that those boards will be two times 16X PCIe capable while the current Nforce 4 SLI is limited to two times 8X SLI. According to our investigationa, two times 16X is a pure gimmick and won't increase speed at all but it will look nice as a feature sticker on the box. N'est pas?

If those two times 16X motherboards increase graphic performance I would be very surprised as graphic today is not PCIe buss limited. But it will look cool on the box.

Nvidia will offer Nforce 4 SLI chipset in performance mainstream and mainstream market segment. You should be able to buy those boards for $80 to $100 for mainstream or for more feature rich board you will have to pay $100 to $140. At this time those boards are still over $140.

We saw some prices and you can get some nice MSI for $89, of DFI Nforce 4 SLI boards for $99 a nice deal.

The new one is coming, that’s for sure but still no fixed date.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Nvidia plans new Nforce 4 SLI 16X ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI