CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Radeon X1800XT can do dual link DVI !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1541 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Radeon X1800XT can do dual link DVI ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Radeon X1800XT can do dual link DVI ! - 9/20/2005 10:54:33 AM   
T3TRISizer

We know video is very important to ATI, and its next generation R520XT won't be an exception here. ATI plans to offer wide video feature set with its R520 and plans to brand it as Avivo.

The two most important features that you will see in the R520 video engine are going to be hardware support for H.264 or should we say High Definition video, and second feature of Radeon X1800XT, the flagship R520XT, known as a dual link DVI support.

You kind of need it for displays such as Apple's 30-inch cinema HD display. This beast has support for 2560x1600 resolution and not too many cards can support it. It's interesting to note that none of the other R520 variations of RV530 won't support dual link DVI.

We believe that it doesn’t make much sense, as this display is incredibly expensive and only the richest of the rich in the richfest arena will go for it.

We expect that our NDA (non disclosure agreement) colleagues will tell you about Vivo, if not today then very soon.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Radeon X1800XT can do dual link DVI ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI