CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Nero 7 Premium Review   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 742 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Nero 7 Premium Review Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Nero 7 Premium Review - 10/16/2005 7:44:32 PM   
MP3Mogul

Not sure either, but this is what mine shows, and I installed everything... LOL!

Oops, I almost forgot, I did remove / deactivate Nero Scout, but this was just a registry entry, and it shouldn't have any affect on the size.

< Message edited by MP3Mogul -- 10/16/2005 7:45:20 PM >

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Zebadee)
Post #: 17
RE: Nero 7 Premium Review - 10/17/2005 9:55:28 AM   
borgir

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul
Should you purchase it?  YES, it's WELL worth the money.

I wouldn't say so.
I have my own box (as available on the shelves), and yeah, sure, it looks good (although the "hinge" part got torn after only a couple of openings), but if you're only using Nero Burning Rom and are satisfied with your Nero 6 or even Nero 5 version, then please stay away from Nero 7.

Nero burning Rom 7 has nothing to offer so far except new colors in the interface. Blu-Ray? Why should I care right now? Shorter Lead-ins? Already in Nero 6.

Plus, there's no "real" 64 bit version (ok, most people are not concerned) and there's no way to easily install InCD (in the Custom install, all applications are selected except InCD 5; you have to manually invert the selection, go figure).

Oh, and that's if you get to install the whole thing at all. No could do on XP, only got to get it installed on 2k (or the other way round; don't really remember right now: I'm at work :) )

< Message edited by borgir -- 10/17/2005 9:56:55 AM >

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 18
RE: Nero 7 Premium Review - 10/17/2005 6:45:10 PM   
MP3Mogul

Actually, Nero 7 has a completely new burning engine!  There are ALOT more features in Nero 7 vs. Nero 6, and 5 doesn't even start to compare.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to borgir)
Post #: 19
RE: Nero 7 Premium Review - 10/19/2005 7:16:49 AM   
borgir

> There are ALOT more features in Nero 7 vs. Nero 6

Uh. Allow me to disagree.
I would be glad to be proven wrong, but as far as Nero Burning Rom 7 is concerned (like at least 2/3rds of Nero users I only use Burning Rom), I can't see any notable difference with Nero Burning Rom 6. Except the new colors in the GUI.

But feel free to provide us with a list of all new features of Nero Burning Rom 7 (now that it has been launched, your NDA shouldn't apply anymore).

> Actually, Nero 7 has a completely new burning engine!

Is it what you have been told, or have you got any proof?

Oh, and I also discovered that other applications (not covered in the paper manual) have no help files yet. They will be downloadable later.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 20
RE: Nero 7 Premium Review - 10/19/2005 8:17:22 AM   
MP3Mogul

Complete Digital Home Entertainment Solution
Nero Home is a new and innovative media manager that provides fast access to the user’s entire digital media library via remote control in the designated home entertainment room. Content can be viewed on a plasma, LCD or CRT TV. Nero Home integrates TV time-shifting, DVD playback, music playback and video playback, and has a simplified interface and a TV wizard to walk users through a simple setup.
Search, Organize and Play Back Any Media File with Nero Scout
A new, unique optimized media database provides instant access to the user’s library of media files of all types from any Nero application and Windows Explorer.
Simple and Secure Data Backup
The new and enhanced Nero BackItUp 2 allows users to run scheduled full or incremental backups, back up files directly from Windows Explorer, back up upon login or without logging in, create shadow copies, back up to disc images and perform FTP backup.
Reliable and User-Friendly DVD and CD Recording
Nero Burning ROM 7 and Nero Express 7, the most widely used optical burning software in the industry with the most powerful burning engine in history, have been radically redesigned to maximize ease-of-use, efficiency and speed. In addition, Nero 7 has a project launcher with a new user interface that can access all 18 applications, and has been enhanced to seamlessly guide users of any skill level through simple or advanced digital media projects. Users will have the ability to view, edit and improve their favorite digital photos.
Comprehensive Video/DVD Editing and Authoring and With Blu-Ray and HD-DVD Support
Nero 7 offers playback software offers vibrant picture quality for all DVD formats and is compatible with Nero Digital (MPEG-4), the world’s fastest MPEG-4 encoder, which enables the user to recode non-copy protected movies (DVD-9 to DVD-5) to a CDR/RW, DVD+/-R or a single DVD+R DL disc in DVD-Video format (DVD-9 to DVD-9). In addition, a standard drag-and-drop packet writing application, that supports BD-RE/R (Blu-ray) is included and full 5.1 capturing, editing, mixing, recording and menu creation options and DVD+VR and DVD-VR advanced recording abilities.
Audio Advantages
New features and applications now support 5.1 and 7.1 audio recording, editing and mixing, along with 32-bit audio and a professional program with the ability to mix and edit for the production of audio CDs and CD compilations. Audio enthusiasts will now be able to incorporate beats, sound sequences and melodies into audio projects, with surround sound mixing.
Whether the user enjoys creating audio playlists of MP3s or entertaining slideshows of photos, editing home videos, burning a backup of DVDs, converting audio & video into MPEG-4 (Nero Digital™) files, sharing content on consumer electronics devices or managing media files with a click of the remote control, Nero 7 in the ultimate digital media solution for digital entertainment.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tells you above that it's a completely new burning engine. 

Help files?  My set came with a COMPLETE 2nd disc that covers EVERY part of Nero 7.

No, I don't "only" use the Nero ROM, I use alot of Nero for different things that I do.

You seem so negative in your posts, perhaps you are upset about something. 

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to borgir)
Post #: 21
RE: Nero 7 Premium Review - 10/19/2005 1:35:21 PM   
SithTracy

I for one, think Nero is very innovative and seems to stay on top of issues with their software -- No one is perfect and there is too much hardware on the market to try to be compatible with.  I don't see other packages providing updates every month or so.  Some may argue that the others don't have too... fine, if it works for you -- most prefer Nero.  Some time ago, I liked WinOnCD, but Adaptec/Roxio made an attempt to destroy competition to Easy CD-Creator (which was garbage).
I'm sure most of us recall when Adaptec/Roxio software was bundled with CD-R's... now it's Nero.  They quietly took over so Adaptec bailed and left Roxio to die... Not sure if it has happened yet, but it will unless they can re-invent themselves into something of value... Napster won't do it.  Apple rules the MP3 player world and I don't see that changing soon.  Nero is time tested... it has it's flaws, but I can live with them -- never had any major issue that didn't get corrected in the next update.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 22
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Nero 7 Premium Review Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI