CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Symantec Patches Antivirus App !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 866 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Symantec Patches Antivirus App ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Symantec Patches Antivirus App ! - 9/6/2005 7:17:16 PM   
SiliconFreak

Flaw found in corporate software could allow unauthorized access to a company's servers.

Symantec has issued a patch for a vulnerability in its corporate antivirus software that could allow an unauthorized person to access a company's servers.

The flaw, in version 9 of its AntiVirus Corporate Edition product, exposes the server login name and password used by the administrator who authorizes updates to the software, Symantec says.

The AntiVirus product comes with a LiveUpdate client that can be set to check for product updates. After the client receives the updates from the LiveUpdate server, information about the transaction is stored in a local log file.
The LiveUpdate server login and password are included in that log file as clear text, Symantec says.

The file is accessible to all users on the system, meaning workers across the enterprise could view the login name and password. The danger is most apparent if that same login and password are used for accessing other, more critical corporate systems.

Full story...

Source : PC World
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Symantec Patches Antivirus App ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI