CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

European PSP sells big !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1439 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> European PSP sells big ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
European PSP sells big ! - 9/5/2005 7:29:41 AM   
T3TRISizer

European investment company Altium is already beginning to comment on the success of the PSP's European debut. The banking group has released a report, claiming that the system is already sold out in most stores, with little stock remaining to replace existing sales. The PSP has been billed in Europe as the latest and greatest lifestyle accessory; tapping into the 'iPod generation'. "What is very clear is that the console has had a very strong launch, with virtually no stock," commented an Altium representative. Sony made one-million systems available for the debut, delayed to allow a build-up of stock, but it appears more units will be required to satiate demand. The report noted that retailer GAME garnered a 40% share of launch sales in the UK, thanks to several midnight openings.

In the report Altium also comment on the forthcoming launch of the Xbox 360, which analysts actually expect to harm industry margins because of higher game costs. The same experts suggest that this detriment will off-set any gains delivered by the PSP, with a risky festive season ahead for games companies.

Sony won't be concerned by this however, not whilst the PSP is flying off the shelves, though it will be interesting to see how quickly stocks can be replenished. More soon.

Source : Ferrago
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> European PSP sells big ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI