Thanks Ionian for the reply, I've been on to nero site and this what they say
9. The Audio CD I created will not play in my car stereo.
As long as the Audio CD is created without any error message from our software and as long as you are able to play it on your computer using your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, Nero has done its job correctly. If it only fails or has trouble when you try to play it in your car or home stereo, you more than likely have a compatibility issue between the media and your player
Please first make sure to update to our latest Nero release
from our website.
Update to Nero 5.5
: Nero Burning ROM
Update to Nero 6
: Updates Nero 6 Ultra Edition Important notes
Upgrades to the latest versions of Nero 5.5 are free of charge.
The Nero 5 serial number does not work for Nero 6.
To upgrade to Nero 6 from a previous version, please purchase a Nero 6 serial number and visit our Upgrade - Info Page
. Try the following steps to resolve your issue:
- Try a lower write speed.
- Try more than one brand of CD-R media. In some cases you need to try out 4 or 5 different brands till you find one that works well with your player.
- Upgrade the firmware of your recorder model.
- Use only CD-R media. Many home and car stereos will not work with CD-RW media.
- In some cases Audio CDs are not playable if they are burned in TAO (´Track-At-Once´) mode. Please burn in DAO (´Disc-At-Once´) mode.
so it looks like I have to try different cd brands, thanks again Dan