CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Mentor Graphics Announces Product Certification for 64-Bit Red Hat Enterprise Linux Platform   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 877 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Mentor Graphics Announces Product Certification for 64-Bit Red Hat Enterprise Linux Platform Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mentor Graphics Announces Product Certification for 64-... - 9/1/2005 11:46:43 AM   
LinuxMarshall

Mentor Graphics Corporation (Nasdaq:MENT) today announced its support for 64-bit Linux platforms by declaring full operational qualification for its analog/mixed-signal tool set. Mentor's entire line of Eldo(R) and ADVance MS(TM) analog and mixed-signal products have been certified for operation on Opteron and EM64T processor architectures using the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 platform.

"Linux on X86-64 hardware is proving to be a great performance platform for our products," said Jue-Hsien Chern, vice president and general manager of Mentor's Deep Submicron Division. Mentor's AMS (Analog/Mixed-Signal) products and CICD (Custom IC Design) tools join Mentor's DFT tools (Design for Test), ModelSim(R) and the Calibre design-to-silicon platform to offer customers a wide choice in 64-bit computing. The move to 64-bit processing will become more crucial as engineers begin to design at 65nm and below and populate each chip with millions of gates.

"Red Hat Enterprise Linux for 64-bit architectures delivers unbelievable performance at a great value, especially for compute-intensive workloads found in the EDA market," said Tim Yeaton, senior vice president of Marketing at Red Hat. "Red Hat is proud to partner with Mentor on this first-class solution for our mutual customers."
Mentor Graphics products are also available on Novell Linux SLES 9, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 for Xeon-64, and Opteron platforms.

About Eldo and ADVance MS Products
The Eldo simulator offers numerous simulation and modeling options that deliver high-performance and high-speed simulation with the accuracy required by the user. Eldo RF extends the Eldo transistor-level simulator to accommodate RF IC designs.

ADVance MS is a language-neutral mixed-signal simulator that enables top-down design and bottom-up verification of multi-million gate analog/mixed-signal System-on-Chip (SoC) designs. ADVance MS RF is an industry-leading tool for mixed-signal simulation.

About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics Corporation (Nasdaq:MENT) is a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, providing products, consulting services and award-winning support for the world's most successful electronics and semiconductor companies. Established in 1981, the company reported revenues over the last 12 months of about $700 million and employs approximately 3,900 people worldwide. Corporate headquarters are located at 8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, Oregon 97070-7777; Silicon Valley headquarters are located at 1001 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose, California 95131-2314. World Wide Web site: http://www.mentor.com/.

Source : Business Wire
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Mentor Graphics Announces Product Certification for 64-Bit Red Hat Enterprise Linux Platform Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI