CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Back up copies prgs. dates tips   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1565 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> Back up copies prgs. dates tips Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Back up copies prgs. dates tips - 10/26/2003 6:25:25 AM   
pnonso

Hi all who read this. I plan to get a DVD-RW to make back-up copies of my ps2 games. And if anyone knows how sony made it so if you copy their games, it will not burn the boot information, I would like to know how they pulled that one off! I have read most of the posts.. but... which one will do the best job in copying the ps2 game? Any tips in copying ps2 games would be appreciated When does the next playstation come out? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Back up copies prgs. dates tips - 11/2/2003 9:26:03 AM   
pnonso

Oh and If I did get a DMS3 mod chip and a dvd burner and burned the ps2 cds, assuming that the mod chip worked, the ps2 game would play? Thanks.

(in reply to pnonso)
Post #: 2
RE: Back up copies prgs. dates tips - 11/2/2003 8:49:38 PM   
sp

What we know for sure is that the boot information is not within the standard and documented parts of the iso image of the disc.
It might well be within the session-in or osession-out. But noone has ever come out with a way of documeting it.

In fact it might be possible, using a modified DVD reader someone to be able to extract this info. But then there would be under violation of copyright laws had he decided to somehow distribute it.

In the past, for PS1 games, a company making emulations was forced to get out of business because it haed to distribute this boot info in order its enulators to run. There are a lot of stories about it, mostly, however, of historical value right now.

The real issue is that you can copy your PS2 game preferably onto a DVD-R disc, for reasons of compatibility and be able to play it using a mod chip. It depends on what country you live and how this is perfectly legal or not. This is up to you...

WM # CI

(in reply to pnonso)
Post #: 3
RE: Back up copies prgs. dates tips - 11/3/2003 1:14:46 AM   
pnonso

Thanks. I am in the USA in California. I have been hearing in some of the forums that it is illegal to put a mod chip in your ps2. Is it legal where I am? Thanks.

(in reply to pnonso)
Post #: 4
RE: Back up copies prgs. dates tips - 11/13/2003 4:07:58 AM   
pnonso

If anybody else has any info on this please leave your input! Thanks.

(in reply to pnonso)
Post #: 5
RE: Back up copies prgs. dates tips - 11/13/2003 4:16:44 AM   
MP3Mogul

Actually, there are a couple of viewpoints on this. It is "illegal" according to the manufacturer. However, in the "same" light, you have purchased the machine, you are "not" making a "mod" to the software or operating system, it is simply bypassing the boot process.

Very technical, some view this as illegal, some view this as within your rights....... it is hard to base a decision on this. I can tell you that the manufacturer "DEFINATELY" says it is illegal, but you can go to the EFF.org and you will see that they view it as a legal mod........

Basically, the choice is yours....... If it is in warranty, any mod would void your warranty........ otherwise, I would say this is "fair game" and up to you individually.

I am a "firm" believer, with the "CHEAP" media that is used, and with normal every day use, that media becomes unreadable, thus I feel it is our personal right to make a "backup" for such occasions! Cheers! You will have to sort this dilema for yourself!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to pnonso)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> Back up copies prgs. dates tips Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI