CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Pentax Announces *ist DS2 SLR, 12-24mm Zoom and AF540FGZ Auto Flash Unit !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1021 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Pentax Announces *ist DS2 SLR, 12-24mm Zoom and AF540FGZ Auto Flash Unit ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pentax Announces *ist DS2 SLR, 12-24mm Zoom and AF540FG... - 8/22/2005 6:23:10 AM   
SiliconFreak

PENTAX Imaging Company announced today it will continue to expand its digital SLR line with another new model and accessories. The latest model, the PENTAX *ist DS2 digital SLR camera, comes equipped with a large, high-resolution 2.5 inch color LCD monitor and a high-magnification glass pentaprism viewfinder for a large, clear view at every stage of digital photography from shooting to playback to editing.

PENTAX also announced the smc PENTAX DA 12mm-24mm F4 ED AL [IF] lens and the AF540FGZ auto flash unit featuring a large guide number of 54 (at ISO100/m).

The PENTAX *ist DS2 digital SLR is September 2005 for under $800 US for body alone. The 12-24 lens will ship for under $900. The AF540FGZ auto flash will ship in October 2005 for under $400 US.

Read the full Pentax press release.

Source : Steves-Digicams

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Pentax Announces *ist DS2 SLR, 12-24mm Zoom and AF5... - 5/10/2006 3:42:47 PM   
manaas

Hello, I'm trying to find out what external flash I would need to use with my Pentax ist D.  Bought it in summer of 2005. Any recommendations out there?

thanks

Mary Ann

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Pentax Announces *ist DS2 SLR, 12-24mm Zoom and AF5... - 5/10/2006 7:57:19 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hi and Welcome!

I must say that I am not a pro photographer....so I recommend you to look here http://www.pentaximaging.com/products/cameras/flash/index.jsp and try to find which one suits your needs/desired....because for me....flash is flash...and I mostly worked only with those that are prebuilt into a digital camera....

Really sorry....but hopefully someone else here will be able to tell you more about this...Mp3Mogulllllllllllll...where are you.....Mary Ann needs your help.... (hopefully he'll reply soon)

HAve a nice day and good luck!

(in reply to manaas)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Pentax Announces *ist DS2 SLR, 12-24mm Zoom and AF540FGZ Auto Flash Unit ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI