CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

DVD Decrypter   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 638 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> DVD Decrypter Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DVD Decrypter - 8/12/2005 2:25:55 PM   
LukeA

Hello all, I'm fairly new to DVD burning/copying so bare with me here. I just installed a Plextor 712 burner and downloaded DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. I'm ripping the DVD using Decrypter right now, but its taking a very long time. How long should this process usually take?

Right now its been going for about 40 min and it says Current 95% and Total 2%!?

Thanks for you assistance.
Post #: 1
RE: DVD Decrypter - 8/12/2005 6:33:36 PM   
MP3Mogul

Should be MUCH faster, are you ripping with the Plextor or a DVD ROM?  I suggest a DVD ROM for this.

Also make sure you have DMA enabled on the drive(s).

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to LukeA)
Post #: 2
RE: DVD Decrypter - 8/13/2005 12:43:41 AM   
LukeA

The Plextor is the only DVD drive I have, so I have to use that to rip. I stopped the Hitch ripping, and put in Rambo and that went much quicker.. not sure why Hitch was taking so long, but I started that and went out for the evening and came back and it had completed. I'll check and make sure to enable DMA.

I burned Rambo using DVD Shrink with the Backup Option, I didn't edit or re-author anything. I selected to burn with Nero and it said it burned successfully. When I put it into my standard DVD player it seemed to be working good.. and I forwarded to the end and it then started breaking up and looking very choppy.. and it wouldn't play the last 2 chapters.. it just restarted and went to the menu. Any idea what I could of done or could it be the DVD media itself? I played the video_ts folder using Roxio DVDMax and the file played clean on my computer.

I will attempt to burn Hitch and see how that comes out. Thanks for any input!

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 3
RE: DVD Decrypter - 8/13/2005 5:31:43 AM   
Iggy

Make sure you have DMA enabled and the drive on a 80pin cable. If the ripping process takes too long then it is possible the specific disc to be scratched. 712 is a fast ripper.

What media did you try? It is very common if the writing quality is low to have prebles at the end of a disc. Try a different media brand and get the lates firmware for your 712.

Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden media are recommented.

(in reply to LukeA)
Post #: 4
RE: DVD Decrypter - 8/13/2005 9:08:48 AM   
SithTracy

Doesn't "Hitch" have Sony ARccOS protection and can't be ripped with the obsolete (and no longer available or updated) DVD Decrypter?  You may have better luck with DVDFab Decrypter (free) or AnyDVD (not free).

Never used either product so I can't comment.... others may have and can suggest which is better.

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 5
RE: DVD Decrypter - 8/13/2005 11:56:20 AM   
G_IvanAwfulitch

DVD Decrypter works fine with Hitch region 1. It took 9.46 min to rip with my Benq 1620. I have yet to come across any DVD that DVD Decrypter won't rip. I buy the new releases each Tuesday. Make two copies of each. One goes in the wife's Sony 300 or 400 disc player and the other in binders for back ups. The orignial gets put away, I guess some day they may bring enough money to bury me with.

< Message edited by G_IvanAwfulitch -- 8/13/2005 11:57:53 AM >

DVD Burning 'PuterP4 2.8 o/c 3.2
XP Pro Sp2
Albatron PX865PE PRO
6HDs_ 1TB+ total
2GB 3200DDR
MD 3500 2.FC, MD 3520 1.F3 On Firewire
Benq oem 1620 B7U9, BQ 1640
Plex 48/24/48 BU on Usb2
General use,Compaq 5000 series
BTC 1108

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 6
RE: DVD Decrypter - 8/13/2005 12:15:20 PM   
LukeA

Ok there is no jumper in the DMA pin on the drive so according to the manual it is in Ultra DMA mode, is this better than the alternative Multiword DMA?

On my first attempt at Rambo I used a Verbatim DVD+R 16x that came with the drive, but I believe I screwed that one up by trying to burn it at 12x? On my second attempt I used a Sony DVD+R 4x and burned it at 4x and it played perfect.

Hitch did rip perfectly, but it took a rediculous amount of time, especially if someone mentioned the 712 as being a fast drive. Hitch is brand new so it is not scratched or marked up at all. I was reading quite a few threads about someone having a couple defective PX712's, is there any way to test that out or??

(in reply to G_IvanAwfulitch)
Post #: 7
RE: DVD Decrypter - 8/13/2005 12:38:43 PM   
LukeA

Oh yeah, for the settings in DVD Decrypter, is there anything that I might have enabled/disabled that could be making it take longer? I saw the option to select "Only Main Movie Files" instead of that I was doing which was all of them, is all necessary?

(in reply to LukeA)
Post #: 8
RE: DVD Decrypter - 8/22/2005 6:23:27 PM   
marctronixx

quote:

ORIGINAL: G_IvanAwfulitch
. I have yet to come across any DVD that DVD Decrypter won't rip.

season 4 of the dukes of hazzard has this sony encryption on it. it locked up DVDD and DVDS. anydvd  cured that though... :)

(in reply to G_IvanAwfulitch)
Post #: 9
RE: DVD Decrypter - 8/22/2005 7:55:54 PM   
MP3Mogul

There's ALOT that DVD Decrypter won't work on now, but one must realize that it hasn't been updated in quite a while, and never will be again.

I suggest either DVDFab Decrypter (Freeware) and it works with the new protections, simply rip to your hard-drive and then use shrink if necessary, or:

Use AnyDVD in combination with Shrink, that's what I do, and it works fantastic.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to marctronixx)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> DVD Decrypter Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI