CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Toshiba 3D display adds realism to images !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 484 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Toshiba 3D display adds realism to images ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Toshiba 3D display adds realism to images ! - 8/3/2005 1:15:31 AM   
SiliconFreak

Display technology which allows 3D images to be seen on a flatbed display has been developed by Toshiba, supposedly offering a "realistic touch of depth".

Toshiba said that viewers feel odd when shown the 3D images that stand out on the board. The images themselves actually only stand out about a few centimeters from the surface of the display but give the illusion of being larger than they are. Toshiba thinks that through the use of stereoscopic images on the flatbed display, seemingly more realistic in nature to other 3D displays, "3D displays will change from something interesting into a must have tool."
The flatbed uses both software and hardware to help the display look more natural. The display projects multiple images of the same object as seen from different angles, and so allows viewers to see 3D images without the need for geeky special glasses. Apparently, the display can project 12 or 16 horizontal images of an object.

Toshiba's display uses an advanced polycrystalline Si-TFT LCD panel, although Toshiba is saying the technology is entirely possible on low-cost targets. The 24-inch and 15.4-inch prototype panels have a resolution of 1920 by 1080, but apparently would even work on analogue TV resolutions.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Toshiba 3D display adds realism to images ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI