CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

I can't burn a DVDR!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1342 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> I can't burn a DVDR! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/4/2003 11:46:36 PM   
GB

This is an update to a problem that I mention in another thread of mine under the topic “How do I burn my first DVD?” I was unable to burn a backup to DVD-R media. It would burn part way and an error window would pop up with WriteDVD error 9 and then it would stop. If anyone has anything to add to what I have below please respond. Any other suggest would be welcome as well.

As well as having Windows XP on this system I also have Windows 98SE on the system as well so I chose to boot to Windows 98 and I tried to burn my DVD. I was able to complete the burn with the same media and without the error message. This is where I am at now but it tells me that something is not right in my Win XP operating system. Because other people I know use these programs with Win XP I know it is not the operating system that is the problem and I know it is not my hardware or media as well. I suspect that that I have a software program on the XP operating system that is causing the problem. At this point I suspect two programs and they are Roxio’s Easy CD DVD Creator 6 and Microsoft’s Windows Movie Maker. I can only remove them one at a time and do a trial burn to see if I have removed the problem. I suspect Easy CD DVD Creator 6 more than the other because I can use it to burn a DVD just fine and that is where I will start.

I am unable to get DVDShrink to work in Windows 98.
Post #: 1
RE: I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/5/2003 3:03:54 PM   
sp

Your troubleshooting seems correct to me.

WM # CI

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 2
RE: I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/7/2003 7:18:25 AM   
GB

Hi,

I wanted to update what is going on with my problem that I stated here. I removed Roxio’s Easy CD DVD Creator 6 from my system and the problem of incomplete burns has stopped so far.

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 3
RE: I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/7/2003 2:19:31 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Both MP3Mogul and myself suggested that you Remove Roxio's Easy Coaster Maker right at the begining !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 4
RE: I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/8/2003 2:26:01 AM   
GB

Yes you did but you did not say why. I wanted to make these posts so that people will know why they should never install Roxio’s software and never buy it. Besides the above problem it is a collection of cheap software at an expensive price. If anyone buys it they will be disappointed all around.

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 5
RE: I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/8/2003 3:55:20 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Both MP3 and myself have said this for years but you will never change peoples Minds some people actually like Roxio's products and it is very hard work trying to tell someone who wont or dosen't want to listen just look how hard it was for us to convince you !!!

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 6
RE: I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/8/2003 6:57:15 AM   
GB

Sorry LA, I just don’t take people seriously unless they take the time to tell me why. I am just funny that way. I did have Easy CD Creator 5 and it worked just fine and never interfered with anything. I found it useful and used it in many ways. I can’t say the same about Easy CD Creator 4. I guess that Roxio has just gone backwards.[:o)]

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 7
RE: I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/8/2003 7:15:45 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Ok Mate No Problem !!!

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 8
RE: I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/8/2003 10:35:04 PM   
MP3Mogul

Were they "ever" moving in a forward direction? [}:)]

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 9
RE: I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/9/2003 4:40:43 AM   
GB

Yes I think they were moving forward. It just turns out that it was in a circle.

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 10
RE: I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/9/2003 6:26:31 AM   
MP3Mogul

ROTFL....... yes a circle, it went forward, then to the left, to the bottom, to the back, ROTFL..... at least you have honestly reported your problems with it...... Glad that everything is fine with you and your burning now...... This makes us feel GREAT that your situation is resolved, and that we have provided a service to you.

Please stay active in the forum, as there is a "wealth" of information provided on a daily basis..... HAPPY BURNING

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 11
RE: I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/10/2003 2:16:22 AM   
GB

I am truly grateful that you (MP3Mogul) and LA are here so that we can ask our stupid newbie questions and my hats off to you for answering them without going crazy. I am a fast learner and I consider myself a intermediate computer user but when starting out I think it is inevitable that we are going to ask some stupid questions in an attempt to start the learning process.

Anyway thank you both,

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 12
RE: I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/10/2003 2:26:15 AM   
MP3Mogul

Always remember, the ONLY stupid question, is the one you DIDN'T ask!!! No problem! This is what we are here for!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 13
RE: I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/10/2003 2:26:55 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi GB
That is one of the main reasons we are here there are not many sites that will give their time or help to Newbies but we all had to start somewhere !!!

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 14
RE: I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/16/2003 10:22:52 AM   
Tron

Just one thing I would like to add. I have Nero, CloneDVD, Alcohol, and Easy CD/DVD on my system and have no problems at all. I personally like EZ CD/DVD and use it all the time. I have had trouble with Direct CD which is part of EZ CD/DVD, but I also had troubles with InCD which is part of NERO. Both of these are the packet writing softwares. I would not install those. Not everyone has troubles with EZ CD/DVD software.....

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 15
RE: I can't burn a DVDR! - 10/17/2003 2:49:21 AM   
GB

Thanks Tron,

If I remember right this was the problem in past versions.

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> I can't burn a DVDR! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI