CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

US charges eight with copyright piracy after 15-nation sweep !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 654 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> US charges eight with copyright piracy after 15-nation sweep ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
US charges eight with copyright piracy after 15-nation ... - 7/29/2005 7:27:29 AM   
SiliconFreak

US authorities said they had charged eight people with copyright infringement and snared illicit goods worth 100 million dollars, in their largest global sweep against organized crime online.

In a crackdown centering on 15 nations, from France to Singapore and Hungary to Australia, the US Justice Department claimed a serious blow against illegal online copyright pirates which bilk industry of billions of dollars a year.

"Today's charges strike at the top of the copyright piracy supply chain - a technologically-sophisticated, highly organized distribution network that provides most of the copyrighted software, movies, games, and music illegally distributed over the Internet," said Acting Assistant Attorney General John Richter.

Eight men are alleged to have committed criminal copyright infringement in Charlotte, North Carolina, after two Federal Bureau of Investigation operations, known as Operation FastLink and Operation Site Down.

Richter said the probes were the "two largest and most aggressive international enforcement actions against criminal organizations" involved in online piracy.

Full story...

Soource : Yahoo News
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> US charges eight with copyright piracy after 15-nation sweep ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI