CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ATI X800GT to be available soon !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 939 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI X800GT to be available soon ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ATI X800GT to be available soon ! - 7/28/2005 5:08:18 AM   
SiliconFreak

ATI's answer on SLI 6600GT hot selling cake...

ATI partners have already received the first batch of X800GT cards. It was not that hard to "manufacture" them as these are just plain X800 Standard with eight pipelines. It's just a matter of the BIOS, I guess, and theoretically you might be able to enable all 12 pipeslines on such card, but I am quite sure that ATI will find a way to prevent you doing it. We surprised many ATI loyal partners as some of them actually didn’t knew about these card earlier, but this card is the right way to fight the great selling 6600GT and SLI. ATI didn’t have any other choice than to offer one other card based on X800 marchitecture for $149, as this is the price range of the Nvidia 6600GT card. Nvidia now haa two cheaper cards 6600 standard and 6600LE SLI enabled as it wants to make SLI more affordable to lower segments of the market. Nvidia wants all of the money but that’s how capitalism works.

Despite thoughts that ATI might hold its breath with Crossfire until the R520 I personally think that ATI needs this marchitecture in other segments to compete with slower Nvidia stuff available now and ATI will launch it the first day it's ready. But after 7800 GTX the graphic world has changed as Nvidia raised the bar [Surely took everyone to the bar in Paris, Ed.] and everybody is expecting from ATI to deliver its product as soon as it launches it.

At least some of the boards are ready its all about ATI heavily controlled Master card production and Terry Makedons driver part. We expect to see X800GT available in a week or two time.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI X800GT to be available soon ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI