CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

swapping a dvd writer from a toshiba laptop to a dell laptop   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1355 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself >> swapping a dvd writer from a toshiba laptop to a dell laptop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
swapping a dvd writer from a toshiba laptop to a dell l... - 7/13/2005 1:25:19 PM   
westkingwolf

Hey everyone,
i've just been given a dell laptop.
i previously had a toshiba satelite on which i changed the dvd rom to a dvd writer
the dell has a dvd rom/ cd writter combo
i wanted to swap the two over,
i've managed to take the drive out of the toshiba but i can't seam to do it on the dell
does anyone have any ideas
Post #: 1
RE: swapping a dvd writer from a toshiba laptop to a de... - 7/13/2005 2:02:54 PM   
Iggy

Do you have problems with the bezel? Normally if you remove the bezel from the drive, your dvd writer should fit in your new laptop.

(in reply to westkingwolf)
Post #: 2
RE: swapping a dvd writer from a toshiba laptop to a de... - 7/13/2005 6:51:22 PM   
MP3Mogul

Iggy is absolutely correct, and I have seen many instances where people have "trimmed" the bezel to make it flush and fit correctly.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 3
RE: swapping a dvd writer from a toshiba laptop to a de... - 7/16/2005 4:00:31 AM   
westkingwolf

i could manage all that i beleive, but i haven't got that far yet.
i just can't seam to manage to get the drive out of the dell.
with the toshiba, you just take the keypad off and unscrew the two screws, and the drive is out.
on the dell i've done all that but just can't seam to manage anything.
thanks for any help

Post #: 4
RE: swapping a dvd writer from a toshiba laptop to a de... - 7/16/2005 6:52:46 AM   
Iggy

Are there any clips holding the drive? I mean there should be either clips or screws. From my short experience on Dell PCs, not notebooks, everything has been made for easy installation and vice versa.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself >> swapping a dvd writer from a toshiba laptop to a dell laptop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI