CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

winXP question   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1261 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> winXP question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
winXP question - 7/6/2005 3:51:36 AM   
scorpio

I know that in HISTORY are some information about files who were in use, but is there any way to find information about files , like time of deleting and name, deleted 24 hours before.
If any knows, it will be very helpfull to me.
Thanks !

Only TOOL
Post #: 1
RE: winXP question - 7/6/2005 2:44:37 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hi scorpio,

so you deleted it completely? also from Recycle bin? is that it?

Look...its something like this...I checked around...and all I could find is...that if you delete file from WinXP (btw...is that Your OS?)...that it cant be restored....at least not with some utility that comes bundled with XP...but since there is always a solution to everything (well almost always )...I would recommend You to check this page with lots of freeware helping tools...then...scroll down and download RESTORATION software....install it...and click on "Search Deleted Files" and it will automatically list you all files that were deleted and can be restored (with all dates, sizes,folders they were in,etc,etc)...you may also include part or complete name of file you are looking for (in case You remember it)...

Well thats it...I just tried it to see if its really as good as advertised...and...its not...because....ITS MUCH MUCH BETTER!  Really a great tool! The only thing thats important is....that after you mistakenly delete(d) something...that you dont do much copying or other HDD related stuff...cause other files can be written over those deleted ones, thus making them non-restorable (well thats what they say...but in my case...I only had some 5Gb of free space at the time of testing (although I have used entire space up many times-HDD was completely full-so all deleted files should be rewritten also)...butttt....it was still able to find and restore files that were deleted almost a year ago!!!)

So in case this is why you wondered about all that (to be able to restore some files that you've deleted)...then I am sure this one will help you out... Let me know if you managed to find and restore them...

Good luck! Enjoy!

SiliconFreak.

(in reply to scorpio)
Post #: 2
RE: winXP question - 7/6/2005 7:03:06 PM   
MP3Mogul

If it was deleted, it can be recovered, so long as the file was not "wiped" or that particular space written over by XP.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 3
RE: winXP question - 7/7/2005 4:00:32 PM   
emperor

there are many software that can restore deleted files, probably if you haven't used much your HDD, there are many chances that your files will be restored

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 4
RE: winXP question - 7/8/2005 1:17:57 AM   
scorpio

I also know that. But, I'm talking about 10 GB file.
'Cause now is everything past, I just want to find information about time and date  when file was deleted.
RE to SiliconFreak: I'll try software and tell you how does it works with large files. I try many softwares similar to RESTORATION but none of them could restore BIG file.  

Only TOOL

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 5
RE: winXP question - 7/8/2005 4:39:32 AM   
MP3Mogul

Scorpio,

With a file that large, chances are only about 1 percent that you can recover it.  This reason is because windows writes "fragments" of a file all over the hard drive, and chances are, it wrote "somewhere" in that 10GB space right away, rendering you unable to recover the file.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to scorpio)
Post #: 6
RE: winXP question - 7/8/2005 10:11:37 AM   
SiliconFreak

Huh...10GB file...why didnt you said that before?

Its like MP3Mogul said...it will be almost impossible to recover file that big...even harder if it has been deleted long ago...every minute that computer is on in such case counts here...

Good luck anyway...and I hope you will at least find those dates you are interested in...

Btw...just wonder...why is that date of deleting it so important?

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 7
RE: winXP question - 7/11/2005 1:25:28 AM   
scorpio

'Cause deleting did not hapened sudenly.
Find nothing.
Some tools could find files about 2 GB but bigger NOTHING.
Now it is past, thanks anyway.

Only TOOL

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> winXP question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message