CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How do I burn my first DVD?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 468 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> How do I burn my first DVD? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/17/2003 3:18:51 AM   
GB

Hi,

I have DVD Decrypter, Easy CD DVD Creator and some DVD+RW discs. I chose the DVD+RW discs because they are rewriteable and if I screw up it can be rewritten and not a coaster. This will be my first try and I would like any tips I can get from the experienced. Your tip might be to use another software other than the above. Feel free to make any. I am not sure how I should use Easy CD DVD Creator to do the job as it has several parts to it. Should I use DVD Builder or just drag all the files into the Drag-To-Disc icon? Any help would be welcome and would help future new-bees to the DVD burning process. I would like to make this disc region free and free of any other garbage as well.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/17/2003 4:27:03 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Again GB
Well the first thing I would suggest is that you get rid of Easy CD DVD Cremator (Only Joking)!!!

Right I have got to get serious now so what are you trying to do I presume you are trying to backup an Original DVD Movie please tell me if you are and I will take you though it step by step also I have forgotten which Writer you have got so remind me !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/17/2003 5:09:46 AM   
GB

Hi LA,

Seriously if you think I should go to Clone DVD or what ever, please say so. I am using the NEC ND1300A writer with Herrieís firmware flashed. Yes I want to back up a DVD I own for experimental purposes. I have a region 2 DVD title that is not offered in the USA as a region I title, that I would like to make playable in a region 1 player for experimental purposes. Yes you can say it is a back up but it would also become playable in my player.

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/17/2003 1:24:27 PM   
Laffin Assassin

All you will need to backup your Movie is DVD Decrypter which you already have (Just make sure you have the Latest version)and DVD Shrink (You will find a link to this in Our DVD Software section at the bottom of our Forum) then you will need a program to write the Extracted files to a DVD I suggest you use Nero !!!
With DVD decrypter just make sure you go to to top Pulldown Mode Menu and select FIle then goto Tools/Settings/File Mode/ Then make sure that the first pulldown (On Startup/Select Files/)is set at all. Then all you have to do is Close DVD Decrypter insert the DVD you want to backup and start and Start DVD Decrypter and it will rip all the files into a Folder !!!
Then just use DVD Shrink to compress the Files so that they will fit on 1 DVD and then wnen that is done just write the Files with Nero into a folder VIDEO_TS on your dvd and Hey Presto you have a copy of your Movie !!!
If you need any more help just let me Know !!!

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 4
RE: How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/18/2003 3:16:13 AM   
Tron

Not free, but a good choice for me was a combination of two software titles. I use AnyDVD to remove the protection and CloneDVD to make backups.

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 5
RE: How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/18/2003 7:20:12 AM   
GB

Hi,

I ripped the DVD OK but DVD Shrink opened it with an error message and it was unable to analyze the file. As a result I was unable to compress the files so I unchecked the French audio files and backed it up. I used DVD Shrink again to open the new file and selected to compress the files and backed it up again. Then I used the Drag-to-Disc feature of Easy CD DVD Creator to burn. The DVD+RW played with Power DVD but did not play in my Sampo DVE-681P player. Maybe the problem is incompatibility with the +RW disc but according to DVDRHELP.COM the Sampo should play the +RW media. Anyone have any ideas?

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 6
RE: How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/18/2003 9:30:54 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Well the first thing I would have done is to uninstall Easy CD and I would have used Nero 6 and open the Make a DVD-VIDEO Feature then open the Video_TS folder and dragged the files into that and then burnt the DVD !!!
Also what Brand are the +RW's you are using [?]

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 7
RE: How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/19/2003 6:43:23 AM   
GB

Well, I went ahead and did what I hate to do and that was read the manual. What Drag-to-Disc it the new name Roxio has chosen for Direct CD which are the UDF writing programs. So what I did was put all those files on a DVD in UDF format and that is why my Sampo player could not read it. I do have Nero that came with my Yamaha CD writer and it is a special version that takes advantage of that drives abilities. I am afraid if I install Nero 6 it will mess it up. I am willing to go to any other software but Nero 6 unless Yamaha has a version that will work with my Yamaha drive. Unless I can have both Neo 5 and 6 on my system at the same time with out the two programs colliding. Roxio has DVD builder in the package and it does recognize VOB files but it does not say anything about IFO or BUP files and I donít know how the program will handle this. I guess I will just have to experiment and find out. I will let you know.[B)]

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 8
RE: How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/19/2003 4:31:13 PM   
MP3Mogul

Nero 6 is FULLY compatible with your Yamaha drive! And Disc T@2 will work fine in Nero 6

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 9
RE: How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/19/2003 11:49:12 PM   
GB

Yeah! Thank you MP3Mogul. I am so glad to hear that.

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 10
RE: How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/20/2003 12:27:49 AM   
MP3Mogul

Glad to be of help my friend.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 11
RE: How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/20/2003 11:41:17 PM   
GB

I tried to use DVD Builder in Easy CD DVD Creator and it produced a DVD without sound. Not only did it produce no sound but it took forever to encode from VOB to MPEG-1. Easy CD DVD Creator is not the software for making copies. There are other things I donít like about it as well. Like I would like to print a page with just two pictures on it but of course it will not let you. I have reverted to using Microsoft Publisher for this. There must be some good uses for this software but I just canít find any for my needs. I feel I wasted my money and I am going to let Roxio know. I ended up using Clone DVD demo to do the job and it worked great and took little time. If anyone reads this thread and you want to do what I did here donít bother to get Easy CD DVD Creator. It is OK for burning your music CDs but it is just too expensive for what it is.

Oh, and my Sampo DVD player played the DVD+RW just fine.

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 12
RE: How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/26/2003 1:47:18 AM   
MP3Mogul

Yeah I do not suggest Easy Cremator Products!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 13
RE: How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/27/2003 9:54:40 PM   
GB

Hi,

I have a new problem now. I got some Ritek DVD-R media from Meritline. I used the same method to burn them and CloneDVD wrote for a little bit and stopped with an error message that said it was probably bad media. I tried it again and it did the same thing. I put in new DVD+RW and it wrote fine. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 14
RE: How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/28/2003 1:18:58 AM   
zebidi

Exactly what it said on the packet bad media. The problem could be that it was 'b' grade media there seems to be a lot about especially at smaller retailers and computer fairs. It also just may not like the disc. My optorite is very particular not keen on -r but seems to like +r.

If I could only understand the question.

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 15
RE: How do I burn my first DVD? - 9/28/2003 2:15:03 AM   
GB

I was thinking about getting some +R media just to try out what you are saying. The -R media, that I used, is the Ritek brand and is known for it's high quality.

http://www.meritline.com/ritdvdblanme.html

Would compression rate affect burning -R media?

(in reply to GB)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> How do I burn my first DVD? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI