CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

DVDDecrypter and Sony ARccOS   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 382 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> DVDDecrypter and Sony ARccOS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DVDDecrypter and Sony ARccOS - 6/30/2005 3:43:58 PM   
tinman1948

I tried everything to rip Stone Cold region 1 with no go (Sony ARccOS). Then I changed my settings in DVDDecrypter 3.5.4.0. and it took a long time, but finally success.

Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive", in "File Mode", "tick" Remove IFO/BUP PUO's." For ripping in the "ISO, Read Mode", "tick" "Remove IFO/BUP PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes". . IMPORTANT: In the "I / O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says, "Ignore read errors". I had my retries set to 20, if I were doing it again I would set them to 2. That should reduce the rip time substantially.
After that use DVDShrink 3.2 and success.
Post #: 1
RE: DVDDecrypter and Sony ARccOS - 6/30/2005 4:26:31 PM   
MP3Mogul

As you should probably know, DVDD is no more, and there will be no further updates to it.  The latest release of AnyDVD will rip the aforementioned protection schems without any problem whatsoever, no settings to play with, it just works.

Also the makers of DVD Fab have released a "FREE" version now called DVDFabDecrypter, that also works fine on this protection.

It's nice to know that people have "stepped up to the plate" so that we can still make lawful backup copies of our movies that we have worked hard to pay for!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to tinman1948)
Post #: 2
RE: DVDDecrypter and Sony ARccOS - 6/30/2005 5:17:01 PM   
Iggy

I am glad to hear that someone replaced DVD Decrypter. On the other hand I am curious to see how long they will allow to AnyDVD or DVD Fab to act.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 3
RE: DVDDecrypter and Sony ARccOS - 6/30/2005 6:09:46 PM   
MP3Mogul

Both are out of the US/UK so under current laws, they should be fine.  These programs are both classified as "illegal" in the U.S. already.

I don't think that either will go away, well let's hope not at least!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 4
RE: DVDDecrypter and Sony ARccOS - 6/30/2005 8:12:15 PM   
tinman1948

I tried everything, including the latest DVDFAB and ANYDVD, both would not work with DVDShrink 3.2 on STONE COLD (just out 2 days ago in Canada) in region 1. If you got them to work please tell me how you did it. Yes DVDDecrypter is no more, but in my opinion it will take several months before DVDFAB Decrypter is up to speed. It appears Sony is playing around with ARccOS with different protection schemes in different regions. DVDDecrypter is not ready to be laid to rest just yet.
Also when I watched the original in the first couple of chapters where the protection is, there were artifacts all over the place. I then watched the copy I had made and it was perfect, no artifacts. The original was brand new and clean so it must have been the protection causing the problem with my Panasonic DVD player. It is the first DVD that has given my player any problem. Oh and I took the movie back and had it replaced so not a defective DVD.

< Message edited by tinman1948 -- 6/30/2005 8:14:03 PM >

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 5
RE: DVDDecrypter and Sony ARccOS - 7/1/2005 6:32:44 AM   
MP3Mogul

I made a backup of it, region 1 without any problems, using AnyDVD 5.2.7.1 and DVD shrink.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to tinman1948)
Post #: 6
RE: DVDDecrypter and Sony ARccOS - 7/1/2005 9:30:38 AM   
tinman1948

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

I made a backup of it, region 1 without any problems, using AnyDVD 5.2.7.1 and DVD shrink.

Are you saying you made a backup of the movie STONE COLD? I used AnyDVD 5.2.6.1 and Shrink 3.2 failed. I have heard that people in the same region code but different areas of the country are getting different protection schemes from Sony ARccOS.

< Message edited by tinman1948 -- 7/1/2005 2:35:01 PM >

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 7
RE: DVDDecrypter and Sony ARccOS - 7/1/2005 6:57:47 PM   
MP3Mogul

Yes, that's what I'm saying, but I used AnyDVD 5.2.7.1, the latest release.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to tinman1948)
Post #: 8
RE: DVDDecrypter and Sony ARccOS - 8/3/2005 11:03:50 PM   
marctronixx

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

As you should probably know, DVDD is no more, and there will be no further updates to it. 

did NOT know this. been using DVDD in conjunction with DVDS for quite a while. just bought season 3 of the dukes of hazzard last week and im making copies to keep in my car. well DVDs filaed and DVDD is trying to decrypt it but its having some trouble. ill smoke over the other options that are listed here.

what happened to DVDD? was it shut down by the government?

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> DVDDecrypter and Sony ARccOS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI