CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Hacker sentenced to 4 months in prison !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 680 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Hacker sentenced to 4 months in prison ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hacker sentenced to 4 months in prison ! - 6/26/2005 1:44:43 PM   
SiliconFreak

A federal judge sentenced a Pleasant Hill man known as one of the most notorious hackers on the Internet to four months in prison Friday for breaking into federal government computers three years ago and defacing Web sites.

Robert Lyttle, 21, who is known as one half of "The Deceptive Duo," pleaded guilty March 11 to five computer-hacking counts for illegally accessing the systems of the Department of Defense's Defense Logistics Information Service, the Office of Health Affairs and the NASA Ames Research Center.

His illegal online activities caused $71,181 in damage, which he must pay in restitution, U.S. District Judge D. Lowell Jensen ordered Friday at a hearing in Oakland. The judge also sentenced Lyttle to four months of home detention under electronic monitoring. He will begin serving his sentence on Aug. 24.

Source : SFGate
Post #: 1
RE: Hacker sentenced to 4 months in prison ! - 6/27/2005 3:55:26 PM   
Clint

Crazy, makes you wonder how they get into DD/NASA. I believe they should be awarded, since if they can get in they found flaws in the system they hacked, which would be doing them a favour...

< Message edited by Clint -- 6/27/2005 3:56:54 PM >

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Hacker sentenced to 4 months in prison ! - 6/27/2005 4:29:06 PM   
AlenS

Wow good point i never thought it like that Real smart.

(in reply to Clint)
Post #: 3
RE: Hacker sentenced to 4 months in prison ! - 6/27/2005 5:51:17 PM   
Clint

Well, put it this way; if a fellow country man gets in, would it not be better than a Korean being in the US space/defence systems? That way the secrets stay on own soil, lol...

(in reply to AlenS)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Hacker sentenced to 4 months in prison ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI