CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Survey Illuminates Canadian Game Development !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 751 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Survey Illuminates Canadian Game Development ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Survey Illuminates Canadian Game Development ! - 6/26/2005 1:41:00 PM   
T3TRISizer

New Media British Columbia, an industry association for promoting new media companies in the region, has released the details of a survey of the overall Canadian video game development community, alongside the Industrial Research Assistance Program and the National Research Council of Canada.

The survey reports that there are some 300 game companies in Canada, the majority of which are developers, with a rise specifically in the mobile sector.

Of these companies, 44% operate out of British Columbia, home to offices for Electronic Arts, Radical, Nokia and Rockstar, among other companies, followed by Ontario, in which Digital Illusions, Global Star Software and Digital Extremes have offices, then Quebec, Ubisoft Canada’s home base, and also home to a second EA studio. Not included in the released findings, but presumably further down the list, is Alberta, in which BioWare is based.

Of the companies surveyed, 55% report to be developing proprietary technology, such as game engines and content management systems. The study also reports that Canadian game companies find North America to be their most important market, followed by Europe, with China in third place.

Source : GamaSutra
Post #: 1
RE: Survey Illuminates Canadian Game Development ! - 7/6/2005 5:40:41 PM   
kelin

Hi,

I collected a great deal of Game Development Technical Materials, helpful for you!
http://www.freewebs.com/gamedev_res/

a great deal of Game Development Technical Materials
http://www.freewebs.com/gamedev_res/

(in reply to T3TRISizer)
Post #: 2
RE: Survey Illuminates Canadian Game Development ! - 7/6/2005 6:46:13 PM   
T3TRISizer

Hello and welcome!

Great tools indeed! I believe some users might need them (I personally dont need them YET, because I only WRITE about games, and dont MAKE them ). But like I said whoever works in that area, might find them very useful!

Good luck and cya around.

p.s. Just wonder...are all those freeware programs or are you into some illegal copying business? Hopefully not...

(in reply to kelin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Survey Illuminates Canadian Game Development ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI