CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nvidia cuts prices on entry-level and mainstream processors !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 735 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Nvidia cuts prices on entry-level and mainstream processors ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nvidia cuts prices on entry-level and mainstream proces... - 6/16/2005 5:05:13 AM   
SiliconFreak

Nvidia recently lowered the price of its GeForce 6200 with TurboCache by US$15, according to sources at Taiwan graphics-card makers. In addition, the company cut the price on its GeForce 6600 series US$5 and the prices for all parts from its GeForce 6200, GeForce FX5200 and GeForce MX4000 series were reduced US$1-2, indicated the sources.

The price cuts are aimed to drive market demand during the traditional off-season, as Taiwan-based graphics card makers are reporting sequential drops in their May shipments, sources at graphics-card makers commented.
However, the price cuts on its entry-level and mainstream chips may prevent Nvidia’s from reaching its earnings estimates for its fiscal third quarter, and rumors of the price cut have already damaged the company’s share price, according to TheStreet.com.

Nvidia reported strong results for the first quarter of fiscal 2006, which ended May 1, 2005.

In related news, next week Nvidia will open its branch office in Beijing, where it plans to introduce its SLI-supporting G70 graphics chip during the inauguration.

Rival ATI Technologies said that its market share in the China channel market has surpassed 50% from March, as a chipset shortage in the first quarter is easing, but in the OEM market, Nvidia claims it continues to maintain about a 60% share.

Source : DigiTimes
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Nvidia cuts prices on entry-level and mainstream processors ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI