CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Zygote and e frontier Launch Open Source 3D Human Models !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1275 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Zygote and e frontier Launch Open Source 3D Human Models ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Zygote and e frontier Launch Open Source 3D Human Models ! - 6/6/2005 6:44:58 AM   
SiliconFreak

Provides two free sets of open source 3D human models for artists to use in any way they choose

Zygote Media Group and e frontier (formerly Curious Labs, Inc.) announced a joint venture today to make available two free sets of open source 3D human models for artists to use in any way they choose. Both male and female models are included in each set; one is provided by Zygote Media Group and the other 3D models by Sixus 1 Media. The Open 3D Project is ongoing and the free open source download is now available at the non-profit site located at http://www.open3dproject.org.

"This is the first such effort in the 3D modeling community. We felt the time was right to offer high-quality 3D human models with open source licensing," said Bryan Brandenburg, CEO of Zygote Media Group." Users will be able to create figures for both personal and commercial use and even create royalty free derivative products. These high-quality models will help engender a cooperative effort to expand access and innovation to 3D models and 3D animation."

This open source 3D project is similar to Linux in that the figures are royalty free and may be incorporated into applications such as 3D games, graphic design, 3D modeling programs and 3D animation and art tools. Sixus 1 Media is the first third party company to join the Open3DProject and contribute a set of 3D Human Models from the Project Human initiative.

"We believe this is an important event for the 3D community," said Hiroshi Sato, CEO of e frontier America. "Our customers and partners have been asking for this kind of licensing model, and we know that artists will be excited and benefit greatly through this innovative concept."

3D human models available through Open 3D Project

Source : DigitalMediaDeveloper
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Zygote and e frontier Launch Open Source 3D Human Models ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI