CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nvidia's Next Graphic Chips Coming Soon !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1416 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Nvidia's Next Graphic Chips Coming Soon ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nvidia's Next Graphic Chips Coming Soon ! - 6/3/2005 6:56:42 PM   
SiliconFreak

Upgrade to the popular GeForce 6800 line will be available next month.

The latest upgrade to Nvidia's popular GeForce 6800 line of GPUs (graphics processing units) for PCs should be out by July, according to Taiwanese motherboard and graphics card makers at the Computex exhibition in Tapei.

The new Nvidia GPUs will be the PC version of the technology that's going into PlayStation 3 game consoles, which drew rave reviews at the recent E3 gamers conference in Los Angeles.

The mid-summer launch of the much anticipated chips could also play spoiler to dual graphics card technology from the company's main rival, ATI Technologies, which will be on the market at about the same time.

Advance Notice
Motherboard companies usually know far in advance the launch time of most PC components and technology because they have to prepare supporting parts well in advance. A motherboard is the main circuit board inside a PC that holds and connects all of its chips, drives, and other parts.

Nvidia officials at the show declined to comment on the launch date of their next generation chip, code-named G70, allowing only that the GPUs would be out "much sooner" than the PlayStation 3.

The PlayStation 3's RSX graphics chips are still under development, says Keita Iida, director of marketing for Japan and Korea at Nvidia. The game console itself is expected on the market in the spring of 2006.

Source : PC World
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Nvidia's Next Graphic Chips Coming Soon ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI