CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Sharp to launch 65-inch LCD TV !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1117 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Sharp to launch 65-inch LCD TV ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sharp to launch 65-inch LCD TV ! - 6/3/2005 6:40:57 PM   
SiliconFreak

Sharp said Friday it would begin selling a 65-inch LCD television, the biggest in the world, encroaching on the turf of Matsushita Electric Industrial and other makers of plasma TVs.

Sharp, the world's largest LCD TV producer, already markets a 45-inch model and is keen to expand its footprint in the fast-growing market for flat TVs above 40 inches, a segment now dominated by plasma and rear-projection models.

The Osaka-based company said it would launch the 65-inch TV in August in Japan with an expected selling price of 1.68 million yen ($15,580). It plans to introduce the TV in the United States and other overseas markets by the end of this year.

At a packed news conference in Tokyo, Sharp also unveiled a series of new sets ranging from 22 inches to 45 inches that are equipped with an advanced backlight for improved color production, and said it would launch TVs in the 50-inch range by the end of 2005. 

Full story...

Source : CNET News
Post #: 1
[Deleted] - 6/4/2005 6:32:45 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
  Post #: 2
RE: Sharp to launch 65-inch LCD TV ! - 6/4/2005 7:44:38 AM   
SiliconFreak

Why havent you told me that then???? I would buy 2 of them right away...and now...all I can do is wait few more years until Sharp makes 100+ inch TV....

So...you are telling us that Sharp lies?  Maybe You saw some 101 inch picture hanging on the wall there...

I also dont know why make such big noise about 65inch....or even 101inch....when already in 2004 (i think it was in japan or korea) they made some 20mx9m (or even bigger-dont remember exact measures) TV screen for public shows... I know this doesnt count as "ordinary" TV screen...but anyway...its no big deal to make even 100mX100m screen, and then put it in some box and advertise it as TV...so all this doesnt impress me much... Size doesnt matter much here...but it does when something else is in question... And believe me...if they (manufacturers) would only want...even today...they could easily make 60" or bigger monitors&TVs which would cost maybe 200US$....and still making profits out of this...but they dont....because they prefer to earn much more on small and slow advances in that area...

Peace brothers and sisters....

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Sharp to launch 65-inch LCD TV ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI