CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Crossfire defeats SLI in Doom 3 !!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1352 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Crossfire defeats SLI in Doom 3 !! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Crossfire defeats SLI in Doom 3 !! - 6/2/2005 11:39:10 AM   
SiliconFreak

Two chaps with strong arguments managed to persuade DFI to let them benchmark one of the Crossfire motherboards, the DFI RD482. Hard info was hard enough to do so and it manages to include guys from tweaktown into this risky operation. We are not sure what methods where included to get to the goal.

You have to bear in mind that those chaps manage to benchmark demo motherboard with first bogus drivers based on Catalyst 5.4 and that things are far from optimised. They chose heavily Nvidia tweaked game that goes under the name of Doom 3.

Nevertheless ATI Crossfire with two X850XT cards was faster than two Geforce 6800 Ultra or two GT cards, auch Nvidia auch auch.

Nvidia slept in bed with John Carmack for ages and even made a NV30 as the chap requested and still managed to lose from its red competitor. It would like just like seeing ATI losing in Half Life 2, the game it cost them almost six million dollars. It might happen you never know. I have to remind you that new Catalyst 5.6 drivers might improve those numbers even more as much as ten percent!

ATI is faster or tight in every single setting and I can expect that difference could be even bigger in biased games such as Half Life 2.

Crossfire looks good. All we want to see is how much is going to take the companies to pump it to the hungry market. You can get the scores here.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Crossfire defeats SLI in Doom 3 !! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI