CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ZombieMeter keeps tabs on hacked PCs !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1362 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> ZombieMeter keeps tabs on hacked PCs ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ZombieMeter keeps tabs on hacked PCs ! - 5/30/2005 5:46:33 PM   
SiliconFreak

Internet security company CipherTrust on Thursday breathed life into its ZombieMeter, a new system that tracks traffic from compromised PCs around the world.
 Available on the CipherTrust Web site, the ZombieMeter tracks the number of new 'zombies' per hour and is designed to help identify Internet security threats, the company said in a statement.

A zombie, in this context, is a computer -- typically connected to the Internet via a broadband connection, and connected to other such machines as part of a botnet -- that has been infected by a worm or virus and is used remotely to launch DoS attacks and send spam and phishing e-mails.

So far this month, CipherTrust has found an average of 172,009 new zombies each day. About 26 percent of those were found in the European Union, 20 percent in the United States and 15 percent in China, the company said.

Zombie networks have become a serious problem that requires more industry action, the US Federal Trade Commission said earlier this week. The organisation launched "Operation Spam Zombie" and plans to ask Internet service providers to quarantine zombies and to help users clean the PCs.

CipherTrust identifies threats such as zombie activity, virus patterns and phishing attacks using data from its IronMail appliance installed at customer sites, Paul Judge, CipherTrust chief technology officer, said in the statement.

Source : ZDNET AU
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> ZombieMeter keeps tabs on hacked PCs ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI