CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Ban Bali Site Hacked !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1293 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Ban Bali Site Hacked ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ban Bali Site Hacked ! - 5/30/2005 9:12:13 AM   
SiliconFreak

A SITE urging Australians to boycott Bali was hacked into just an hour after going online today.

The site aimed to create political pressure to have Schapelle Corby released from jail.

BanBali.com spokesman Simon Joseph said a graphic image had been put on the site and its creators were rebuilding it.

"We're working to get the site back up and running, it needs to be completely rebuilt," he said.

Mr Joseph said about 300 people visited the site in the first hour.

Earlier he said the site was created in the hope it would result in an "unconditional pardon" for Corby.

The 27-year-old beauty therapy student was found guilty on Friday of smuggling 4.1kg of marijuana into Bali and sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Mr Joseph hoped the website would create enough political pressure from Australians, the Australian Government and the Balinese people to "bring into Indonesian law the scope for unconditional presidential pardons for international prisoners".

As the law stands, Corby could not be pardoned unless she admitted guilt to the crime, Mr Joseph said.

"The Australian and Indonesian governments need to understand that Australians will not accept this situation and we, through our own democratic choice, are prepared to harm the economy of Bali by volunteering to ban holidays in Bali for as long as Schapelle Corby is in jail," Mr Joseph said.

"This is really an international issue and we are hoping we can change that law so that pardons can be unconditional for international tourists charged in Indonesia."

The site, created by a group of marketing industry workers, contains a pledge message and a picture of Corby behind bars.

It also suggests Australians holiday in Hawaii or Fiji instead of Bali, but Mr Joseph says he's not affiliated with those destinations.

He said the site was not a petition, but would contain the names of people who pledged not to visit Bali until Corby's release.

Mr Joseph said he had links with the Indonesia media and would make sure the site was well publicised in the Asian nation.

Source : HeraldSun
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Ban Bali Site Hacked ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI