CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Best overall speed for writing   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1105 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality >> Best overall speed for writing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best overall speed for writing - 8/19/2003 6:47:20 AM   
afton

I noticed on some post that you guys think
16x is the best overall speed. Is there a particular
explanation why? (apart from the testing conclusion)

Is 16x for Audio CD or Data CD?

thanks;)
Ronald
Post #: 1
RE: Best overall speed for writing - 8/22/2003 9:13:09 PM   
sp

It's because of the rotation speed. Any speed above 8x (CLV) causes some trebling. In practice, going faster proved to be beneficial for the media, hence a somewhat faster speed is still very good. Newer methodologies have reduced trembling on even higher speeds. But anything above 40x (about 16x on the inner part of a disc) seems to be the upper quality barrier. (These might not apply to Plextors, though.)

WM # CI

(in reply to afton)
Post #: 2
RE: Best overall speed for writing - 9/23/2003 11:22:07 PM   
reeBrelliM

Ok, so I'm having problems burning audio CD's, I keep getting this weird static noise in the burned CDR, but it's not constant noise, it's intermitant, it almost sounds like when there is a bad spot on a vinal record album and when the needle passes over that part you get static.

Now, for some odd reason or another, it seems that the slower I set the burn speed, the worse the noise will be. Also, it is louder and more noticeable towards the end of the CDR. I have tried different burners, different brands of CDR's, and many different burner programs.

The reason I post this here, is because "sp" mentioned something about when the speed is 40x, it is only about 16x on the inner part of the CD, ...would that relate with my problem regarding that the slower I set the burn speed, the worse the noise is. Also, it is louder and more noticeable towards the end of the CDR, rather than the beginning.

Thanks!
Robin

(in reply to afton)
Post #: 3
RE: Best overall speed for writing - 9/24/2003 1:05:51 PM   
sp

Hello
Your problem seems to be related with audio ripping.
Use EAC in secure mode, or better rip twice and compare the CDR's.

Does the WAV files sound good when heared through your PC speakers?
If yes, then burn them and do the same on the copies.

This way you will be able to isolate the problem, that is, if it is due to reading or writing.

If all is OK and you still have the problem, then change the type of media because your player is picky on this.

WM # CI

(in reply to afton)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality >> Best overall speed for writing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI