CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Which influences most: Drive, Software or Media?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1065 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality >> Which influences most: Drive, Software or Media? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which influences most: Drive, Software or Media? - 8/19/2003 6:35:56 AM   
afton

Hello all,

What do you guys think of which influences the quality of the
burned CD-R/CD-RW? -- the CD-RW drive (hardware), the writing software, or the CD media itself?

Ronald

Post #: 1
RE: Which influences most: Drive, Software or Media? - 8/19/2003 1:12:14 PM   
Jimmys

Hello
I believe that for the best writing result you must use the best compination of the things you mention according to your hardware configuration and basically your writer.

(in reply to afton)
Post #: 2
RE: Which influences most: Drive, Software or Media? - 8/19/2003 1:52:37 PM   
rjw

Influence that I experienced so far.

1- Environment (humidtity,temperature)
2- system (Quite obvious that you need a system that candle the data transfer rate.)
3- The cd-rw drive - the construction (in some cases there are even big differences between models known)
4- The media(Some media can be incompatible with some players. So a bad burn can still happen with a wrong combination of burner and cd-r)
5- Firmware (Firmware might increase or even decrease writingquality.
6- Writing Software

Now what can we forget under normal conditions.

2 Since people will have a good enough system fo transfer the files this influence won't be there.
6 The difference of the software is also very small under normal conditions.

Which factors can we hardly controle and for this reason forget to.
1 The only thing you can do is not to burn much disc's after each other so the drive is heated up. Against humidty you can't do a thing.

So what key factors are still there.
Writer - This one can influence the burn proces big times. I have seen many cd-r's burning without any problem on my Plextor 241040TA while my Lite On 48246S will burn them below my quality standards.
Media - Even if bad media is good supported it can be allready problematic dureing the burning or it will become promblematic but that's not writing quality any more.
Firmware- Firmware can increase/decrease the drives compatablity with the media.

(in reply to afton)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality >> Which influences most: Drive, Software or Media? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI