CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

LiteOn 24102b packet writing problem   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 337 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> LiteOn 24102b packet writing problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LiteOn 24102b packet writing problem - 10/22/2001 7:23:13 AM   
GazzaT

Hi,

I am having a great deal of trouble packet writing under direct cd 5.02b with my Lite On drive.

The problem occurs when writing to CDRs not CDRWs. The drive starts to write data to the disc with the burn light on the front going red, then after a second or two the light goes orange and stays orange and the drive becomes inoperable.

The drive works fine with CDRWs.

Is there any way around this error or any other packet writing software available that can use cdrs????

thanks in advance,

GazzaT

Post #: 1
RE: LiteOn 24102b packet writing problem - 10/22/2001 9:51:22 AM   
john

Use InCD

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to GazzaT)
Post #: 2
RE: LiteOn 24102b packet writing problem - 10/23/2001 1:23:02 AM   
burner1000000

INCD will not burn CDRs only CDRWs, so your advice, John, will not help GazzaT with his problem. If you truly wants to use CDRs with packet writing, GazzaT, I think that you going to have to do some research, as I believe that DirectCD is the only packet writing software program that allows the user to use CDRs. Maybe someone on the board knows a program.

(in reply to GazzaT)
Post #: 3
RE: LiteOn 24102b packet writing problem - 11/7/2001 6:56:21 PM   
slipe

I haven’t used packet writing for a couple of years, but recently became interested in writing to CDR – different system entirely. Lots of advantages over using RW like speed and security.

DirectCD supports fixed and variable packet length recording for RW, but only variable for CDR. Look in the settings for variable length packet writing. Standard is the fixed length for RW.

Your format to CDR should be quick – less than 5 minutes for the full format. If it is taking longer it might be formatting for RW.

burnerMb is correct that only DirectCD will packet write to CDR. Roxio shows that DirectCD 5 is compatible with most Lite-Ons. You might check for your particular burner. It is possible that there is something in the burner itself that has problems with variable length packets.

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the burner.

Let us know whether you find settings that sort the thing out.

(in reply to GazzaT)
Post #: 4
RE: LiteOn 24102b packet writing problem - 11/14/2001 11:06:26 AM   
clawso1

What is "Packet Writing?" :-)

quote:

I haven’t used packet writing for a couple of years, but recently became interested in writing to CDR – different system entirely. Lots of advantages over using RW like speed and security.

DirectCD supports fixed and variable packet length recording for RW, but only variable for CDR. Look in the settings for variable length packet writing. Standard is the fixed length for RW.

Your format to CDR should be quick – less than 5 minutes for the full format. If it is taking longer it might be formatting for RW.

burnerMb is correct that only DirectCD will packet write to CDR. Roxio shows that DirectCD 5 is compatible with most Lite-Ons. You might check for your particular burner. It is possible that there is something in the burner itself that has problems with variable length packets.

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the burner.

Let us know whether you find settings that sort the thing out.

Clarence A Lawson Sr

(in reply to GazzaT)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> LiteOn 24102b packet writing problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI