CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ATI's Crossfire fourth rendering mode revealed !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 558 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI's Crossfire fourth rendering mode revealed ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ATI's Crossfire fourth rendering mode revealed ! - 5/26/2005 10:57:32 PM   
SiliconFreak

8x, 10x, 12x and 14X FSAA emerges...

We heard about this quite some time ago but it simply slipped our collective mind.

ATI will be able to offer an extra feature, something that Nvidia doesn't offer with its SLI. Despite its Split screen, Super tiling and Alternate frame rendering modes ATI will be able to do one more rendering mode.

This one won't offer much of a performance difference but will let you use more then six times FSAA. That is the current limit with ATI cards while Nvidia can do some kind of 8X mode.

With its new technique ATI will be able to do 8x, 10x, 12x and even 14x FSAA. That surely sounds insane but if you want to have even better picture quality this is one choice that you will have. A 14 times Full Scene Anti Aliasing sounds like an interesting idea now when most of people are using 4X only.

Even if ATI is the follower in this round of marchitectural adventures, at least on paper, it turns out that ATI will enter aggressively and have some very good horses for the race.

We especially mean feature wise, as ATI's 14 X FSAA sounds like a big step forward in dual graphic card processing. Give us some features not just speed. ATI has been using Multi FSAA from the R300 times, as it was working with Military companies and on commercial air simulators to provide the insane number of FSAAs that those flight simulators need.

Its less then a week before the official announcement.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI's Crossfire fourth rendering mode revealed ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI