CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Paris Hilton Hacked Thanks To Old School Scamming !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 577 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Paris Hilton Hacked Thanks To Old School Scamming ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paris Hilton Hacked Thanks To Old School Scamming ! - 5/21/2005 1:48:38 PM   
SiliconFreak

'This is T-Mobile headquarters... honestly...'

One of the now notorious Paris Hilton hacker gang - who lifted pictures and celebrities' numbers from the 'heirhead''s T-Mobile Sidekick phone - has revealed he's no technical genius, just a dab hand at old-fashioned offline scamming.

According to an interview with the unnamed teenager by the Washington Post, the gang found a security flaw in T-Mobile's password reset mechanism which allowed them to shut out Sidekick users from their own accounts.

After annoying their T-Mobile-using friends for a while, the gang decided to take on a more well-known face.
However, all this technical hacking expertise was no use while the gang still lacked a celebrity's phone number. At this point, the gang took their hacking offline and moved onto social engineering.

One of the hackers called a T-Mobile store, claiming to be a superior from T-Mobile's headquarters in Washington following up on reports of problems with customer accounts.

The T-Mobile employee in question volunteered the website address where all customers' account details can be found, as well as the user name and password needed to access the information.

Once inside the protected area, the hackers were able to get access to a number of stars' accounts and used the information to harass Matrix actor Laurence Fishburn before releasing the contents of Hilton's Sidekick onto the internet.

The investigation into the hack is still ongoing.

Source : Silicon.com
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Paris Hilton Hacked Thanks To Old School Scamming ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI