CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Halo 3 To Be Released To Coincide With The PS3 Launch !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1414 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Halo 3 To Be Released To Coincide With The PS3 Launch ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Halo 3 To Be Released To Coincide With The PS3 Launch ! - 5/16/2005 5:49:01 AM   
T3TRISizer

Ever since the release of Halo 2 the rumours of the sequel have been flying round the internet. Whether the sequel was going to be Halo 3, or an updated version of Halo 2 (Halo 2.5) was not certain. Either way, most people predicted it would have some tie in with the next Microsoft console, the Xbox 360.

With the 360 now officially unveiled, the question became whether the new Halo game would be a launch title, or held back as a marketing strategy to combat the launch of the Playstation 3. The answer has now been made, and by none other than Bill Gates himself.

In next week's issue of Time Magazine, which features Gates holding the Xbox 360 on the cover, Gates mentioned plans for the release of the much-anticipated follow-up to the best-selling console shooter. In a parenthetical sidebar in the article, Time says the following:

"Note to the hard-core faithful: the next version of Halo will not, repeat not, be ready in time for the launch of Xbox 360. It will be part of the all-important second wave next spring. 'It's perfect,' Gates says, radiant with bloodlust. 'The day Sony launches the new PlayStation they walk right into Halo 3.'"

The impact this will have on sales cannot be questioned. Halo 2 has sold over 6.5 million copies to date, and is credited with doubling the subscriber base of Xbox Live from around 750,000 to over 1.5 million. It is also credited by industry-watchers as one of the main reasons for boosting sales of the original Xbox last season.

Source : TotalGaming
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Halo 3 To Be Released To Coincide With The PS3 Launch ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI