CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Please help, need some explanation on this peculiar problem.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1489 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> Please help, need some explanation on this peculiar problem. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Please help, need some explanation on this peculiar pro... - 5/15/2005 9:09:12 AM   
njchen24

Greetings:

I have two brand new DVD double layer disks set of a broadway show like. After I use the latest version 3.5.4.0 (note v 3.5.2.0 is unable to read the disc) of DVDDecryptor to extract Disc 1 onto my hd and want to shrink it to a DVD+R single layer using DVDShrink 3.2.0.15 on 3 machine, 1st one equiped with a BENQ DW800A (#1), 2nd with NEC ND-3500AG (#2) and 3rd one with NEC ND-6500A. All three display the message " DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Invalid data in file "...:\DVD_VIDEO|VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB".
So my next attempt is to use Nero Ultra Ed. 6.6 Express to burn the set of files extracted from DVDdecryptor onto a Ritek and Memorex 2.4X DL DVD+R. Both media fail on the machine #2 & #3. Fortunately, it works on the machine #1.
Could someone please shed some light for what possible reason, DVD Shrink is unable to shrink and BenQ drive seems the only one to be able to burn this project?

Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Please help, need some explanation on this peculiar... - 5/15/2005 9:51:29 AM   
SithTracy

Are you using the latest firmware for each drive?  I had a similar problem some time ago, but I was ripping the DVD with a LITE-ON drive.  I updated the firmware in it and DVD Decrypter ripped it fine.  In general, NEC's are not good readers so that could be part of the problem.  Try to get your firmware up to date first and report back.

(in reply to njchen24)
Post #: 2
RE: Please help, need some explanation on this peculiar... - 5/15/2005 3:03:26 PM   
emperor

probably a firmware gltch from the NEC drive, which firmware version are you using?

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: Please help, need some explanation on this peculiar... - 5/15/2005 3:38:43 PM   
njchen24

Thank you for your suggestion.  I will update my firmware.

However, I think this firmware doesn't explain the fact that DVDShrink doesn't work on 3 machine and wonder if there is any other utilities that can shrink a DL to a SL DVD+R.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 4
RE: Please help, need some explanation on this peculiar... - 5/16/2005 3:46:13 AM   
Iggy

DVD2One can also help you. Also check this out:

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=8973

(in reply to njchen24)
Post #: 5
RE: Please help, need some explanation on this peculiar... - 5/16/2005 4:18:58 PM   
njchen24

Thanks, iggy, for your help.

I will give DVD2one a shot.

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> Please help, need some explanation on this peculiar problem. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI