CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Samsung MM-A800 Brings 2 Megapixels To Sprint !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1125 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Samsung MM-A800 Brings 2 Megapixels To Sprint ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Samsung MM-A800 Brings 2 Megapixels To Sprint ! - 5/14/2005 5:27:11 AM   
SiliconFreak

Breaking new ground, Sprint now offers Samsung's MM-A800, the first 2 Megapixel handset to hit shelves in the U.S - complete with microSD expansion.

Marking the introduction of the first two-megapixel camera phone to grace American shores, Sprint has announced that the mobile network operator is now carrying the Samsung MM-A800. A slider handset with a comprehensive feature set, the MM-A800 not only shoots stills but also records video in VGA format, a feat unsurpassed by any other handset in the West to date.

The dual-band, tri-mode CDMA/CDMA2000 1xRTT 800/1900 MHz, AMPS 800 MHz handset offers a slew of features, all accessed through a 262K colour TFT display with a QVGA resolution of 240 x 320 pixels. The main draw of the handset, however, is its 2 Megapixel integrated camera which shoots stills at resolutions up to 1632 x 1224 pixels and boasts autofocus, a self-timer, brightness adjustment and 2.5x digital zoom.

As if that wasn't enough, the camera also records video either to the 32 MB of internal RAM of the handset at 640 x 480 pixel resolution, or alternatively directly to a microSD expansion card. Also, the MM-A800 features an audio player with support for AAC tunes, which would likely require users to purchase the extended battery accessory to avoid depleting the feature-laden phone in no time at all.

Offering USB connectivity, the MM-A800 is also PictBridge compatible, letting users output images directly to PictBridge-equipped printers. Reversely, Biz-Card scan software in the MM-A800 can apply optical character recognition to photos of business cards, inputting contact information directly into the device's internal contacts directory. In addition, the handset also incorporates VoiceMode, the speech-to-text recognition feature previously only found in Samsung's P207 handset for the U.S. market.

The MM-A800 also offers streaming music and video clips live and on-demand in real time from Sprint TV and other channel providers directly through the phone's built-in media player at up to 15 frames per second.

Immediately available, the 3.9 x 1.9 x 0.9 inches, 4.3 oz Samsung MM-A800 sells for a suggested retail price of $499.99 USD.

Source : InfoSyncWorld

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Samsung MM-A800 Brings 2 Megapixels To Sprint ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI