CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Asus Double 6800GT Almost Ready !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1126 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Asus Double 6800GT Almost Ready ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Asus Double 6800GT Almost Ready ! - 5/11/2005 7:18:59 AM   
SiliconFreak

To Launch At Computex!

We saw this card back at Cebit when Asus surprised us all with a few unexpected premiers. Asus showed non-working sample of its Dual Geforce 6800GT on a single board. It was also the first company to show ATI's RD400 chipset with dual PCIe graphic ports.

Now, it seems Asus has managed to finish off its design of its Dual chip, Geforce 6800GT card and named it EN6800GT. It's in the last stage of testing and we expect to see this card launch at Computex. The card should be ready to rock and roll in last week of May.

We checked our archive and manage to find one of our own pictures from Cebit.

You can clearly see that we are talking about a massive board with a massive cooler. The card will hardly fit in any regular case. With two Geforce 6800GTs under the hood, we were not surprised to see two PCIe six-pin power connectors on the board.

I guess that Nvidia asked PCI-Sig for more power and for additional connector for these kinds of boards. You can get some additional details here.

If you are good with Chinese take a look here for the details here, and if not use one of the translation engines to help you understand. There are some cool pictures of this massive board as well.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Asus Double 6800GT Almost Ready ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI