CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Tier One Manufacturers Go For ATI Multi-rendering Board !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 589 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Tier One Manufacturers Go For ATI Multi-rendering Board ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tier One Manufacturers Go For ATI Multi-rendering Board ! - 5/6/2005 5:02:35 PM   
SiliconFreak

Gigabyte, MSI and Asus to offer dual ATI...

We hear that ATI's Multi VPU chipsets will be accepted by top motherboard manufacturers. We know that Gigabyte, MIS and Asus are working on ATI Multi VPU motherboards and will be ready to announce them at Computex.

We don't know which motherboard companies will chose Intel's or AMD's version; either Intel's RD400 or AMD's RD480 chipset. No doubt some will offer both.

The companies can choose to use ATI RS 400, RS 450 or ULI Southbridge, so it's up to them to choose what to use. We know that RS450 Southbridge is ready and you can expect to see many nice features on this one chip. We also know that at least Sapphire is using this Southbridge on its White Single PCIe graphic slot RS480, Athlon 939-based high-end board. It might use it for Dual PCIe boards as well but we are not sure about the announcement of such of board.

Tier two motherboard companies are still considering and evaluating these chipsets but most of the companies don’t want to start a conflict with Nvidia, as Nvidia might give them hard time if they start using ATI chipsets all of a sudden. Most of them are waiting to see other designs before they actually go down the ATI dual-graphic card road.

So, Multi Rendering or Multi VPU - or can we simply say ATI's way of doing SLI - is very close to its birth date, with some important design wins to back it up.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Tier One Manufacturers Go For ATI Multi-rendering Board ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI