CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

'Holographic' Interface Developed !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 826 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> 'Holographic' Interface Developed ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
'Holographic' Interface Developed ! - 5/4/2005 9:21:52 AM   
SiliconFreak

Helps communicate with aging Jedi...

A US inventor called Chad Dyner has developed a holographic looking display which projects a 22-inch diagonal image that floats above your computer, it appears.

The images, which appear brighter the lower the ambient light, enable you to interact with the image as if it were a virtual touchscreen, without needing gloves or glasses, or false noses.

According to Dyner’s site ( http://www.io2technology.com/dojo/196/v.jsp?p=/technology/overview ) his Heliodisplay connects to a "Windows" computer through a USB port. It sucks in air and illuminates it to produce the image. If a Heliodisplay were left running for a week in a hermetically sealed room, the only change to the room`s environment would be from the electricity used to run the device, and we assume a power bill.

The system isn’t quite the 3d holographic display seen in Star Wars, but Dyner said that the images appear 3D when viewed from more than a few feet away because there is no physical depth reference. You can also watch TV with it -- if you like watching in the dark.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> 'Holographic' Interface Developed ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI