CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Are my plextors bust or is it software??   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 498 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Are my plextors bust or is it software?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Are my plextors bust or is it software?? - 4/30/2005 4:53:16 PM   
g8crashed

Hi, Ive been looking for some answers to a problem im having with my drives, Ive looked around but cant find anyone else whos had anything similar, so I thought Id ask you lot.
I currently have 2 computers, 1 with a Plextor 12 speed sata drive, and the other computer has 1 Plextor 12 speed ide and 1 Plextor 16 speed. Disks im burning on are Ritek G05 and TTg02 code disks and Ritek 4 speed +R disks.
The problem is, When I burn disks on the computer with 2 plex drives in they basiclly burn a load of crap. here are some disk check pics.

as you can see they are a load of rubbish, but you may notice that the beta/jitter test seems to go up then drop up then drop, and so on. Now on the 16 speed plex, you can see this on the disk, the disk looks like the rings of a tree. On the 12 speed plex they look normal. I have tryed burning at all different speeds and get the same results no matter what speed. But another strange thing is, sometimes they burn fine and i get perfect results, with the pi check maxing at about 15. I thought it could just be the disks so i tryed burning from the same batch at the same speed on the other computer on the sata plex and got near perfect results, so I assume this rules out poor quality disks.
My computer is never turned off so im stumped as to why sometimes they burn perfect as nothing is changing, no new programs installed, nothing.
I have tryed all the obvios ones, such as DMA on, newest firmware turn off all other programs etc. but now im ready to bin them, and be the only person to hate plextor drives, which I dont want to do as they have served me well for many many years.

If anyone can give me any clues as to what is happening I would be very greatfull

Thanks for any help given
g8crasher
Post #: 1
RE: Are my plextors bust or is it software?? - 4/30/2005 7:05:56 PM   
DrageMester

Try burning with different media before jumping to the conclusion that your drives are bad. If you can't burn Verbatim media and Taiyo Yuden media properly, then I'd really start worrying.

You didn't state the firmware versions running on your drives, but you could try updating to the lastest version (1.07 for PX-712 and 1.06 for PX-716) if you haven't done this already.

(in reply to g8crashed)
Post #: 2
RE: Are my plextors bust or is it software?? - 4/30/2005 7:32:48 PM   
MP3Mogul

I have 2 Plextor 716's an internal, and 1 external, neither like Ritek Media.... so there's your answer.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to DrageMester)
Post #: 3
RE: Are my plextors bust or is it software?? - 5/1/2005 10:37:06 AM   
g8crashed

Thanks for the replys guys, in reply to your posts. They are both running the most current firmwares available, and I have Tested them with a few different dye types and get pretty similar results, Now I was about to reply here saying that Ive just tested a verb on the 16 speeder and got a perfect burn, max pi was 8 and it seems that it is a disk related issue, but then I thought ill just try a ritek g05 again, and got a near perfect result with that aswell, but strangely both disks dropped down from 8 speed to 4 speed burning around the 3 gig mark for no reason as the pi/po check showed no relational spike around that mark but they did both show rings (approx 6) from start to finish on the disk, which only happens on the 16 speed plex, not the 12, this beta/jitter test on the verb may help you visualise it a bit better.

Incase you may think its possibly my system spec that may not be upto the task, here is a quick rundown.

Asus A8N SLI Deluxe
AMD64 3200 Winchester
1 Gig Dual Channel Corsair 3200
Radeon X600pro 256 meg graphics
2 X Maxtor 300gig 16meg buffer SATA Drives
Plextor 16 speed (master on channel 1)
Plextor 12 speed (master on channel 2)
Thermaltake Purepower 480w power supply
Windows XP pro

If theres anything else you lot can think of that I can try, I will be very greatfull.

thanks
g8crasher.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Are my plextors bust or is it software?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI