CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

JVC Clarifies ProHD Announcement !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 698 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> JVC Clarifies ProHD Announcement ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
JVC Clarifies ProHD Announcement ! - 4/30/2005 11:10:28 AM   
SiliconFreak

JVC's Dave Walton clears up a few misconceptions now prevalent in end-user community

After Digital Media Net's exclusive interview with Dave Walton , General Manager, Corporate Communications at JVC , the company announced its new line of HDV camcorders at NAB 2005. After the convention Walton contacted DMN's Charlie White, wishing to amplify and clarify some misconceptions end users have expressed since the introduction of the new camcorders and tape recorder using the HDV format. Here is the text of Walton's comments.

"NAB 2005 is now over and market response to our ProHD product introductions has been very gratifying, with the highest JVC exhibit attendance in our history. Much of the awareness was generated by pre-release information published in both print and online publications prior to NAB.

While the information provided by JVC during early discussions with writers and editors was correct, there has been some confusion within the end user community regarding the definition of “ProHD” and JVC 's position regarding the HDV format. To clear up any misunderstanding, please understand the following:

“ProHD” is JVC 's approach for delivering affordable HD products. It is also used to describe family of bandwidth efficient professional HD models.

ProHD is NOT a format.

Our new models, the HD camera-recorder, the GY-HD100, and our HD videocassette recorder, the BR-HD50 are adopting HDV as the tape recording format.

There has also been some confusion regarding the intent and features of the HDV format, in part due to information published since its announcement in 2003. Therefore, we would like to make you aware of these points:

The 24p mode and LPCM (Linear quantization PCM recording) record/playback capability have been part of HDV format since it was established.

The HDV format was designed for both professional and consumer applications.

As one of format's founders, JVC will continue to promote the HDV format for its world-wide acceptance."

Source : DigitalPostProduction

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> JVC Clarifies ProHD Announcement ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI