CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 536 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/23/2003 10:58:14 AM   
jason4k

quote:
Originally posted by highschoolfootballhero

Jason4k-
quote:
just went to my local officemax today and bought a 50pk 700MB Khypermedia 48X (supposely) cdrs, free after 2 rebates. After I put one cdr into my drive, it reports that it's 656MB (not 700), and with my LITEON 52246S, it detects the disc can be only record at 16X under nero! Ok, that's not it! Upon closer inspection, I found under the innermost side of the recording surface, there was something blacked and whited out, but some words can still be seen... guess what I saw :) 7B5781-CDR-H74-AUDIO!! It's some freaking re-packaged 16X (I GUESS) AUDIO CD!!

I bought a 100 pack of 48x/700mb khypermedia that were also free after rebates. This is what I got:
Media Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
Recording Layer: Cyanine Material
Free Space: 656.4 MB
Maximum Write Speed: 24X
The number on the bottom of my discs is: 7B7861-CDR-T74D AZO

Anyone know what exactly these are?
What does AZO mean?

KHypermedia can get into trouble for this. The specs on the packaging and disc labels should be the specs of the discs. If I would of known that they were not 700 MB discs, I wouldn't of got them even if they are free after rebate. I am going to call them on this, if they don't do something about it, I am going to report them.

Hey buddy, you probably should look within your spindle to see if there're any 700mb discs... cuz I found about 25 pcs of 700mb's within mine, the rest is 650's... And the speed is really bad for mine, yours could go up to 24x, mine could only do 16x (with smartburn checked). So you're already luckier than me here~~

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 49
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/24/2003 2:24:26 AM   
highschoolfootballhero

quote:
Originally posted by jason4k
Hey buddy, you probably should look within your spindle to see if there're any 700mb discs... cuz I found about 25 pcs of 700mb's within mine, the rest is 650's... And the speed is really bad for mine, yours could go up to 24x, mine could only do 16x (with smartburn checked). So you're already luckier than me here~~

I checked all of them, they are all the same. Thanks for the heads up though. I tried to call KHypermedia btw and I could not get an answer, all I could get was an answering machine, judging by the quality of the recording and lack of professionalism in the voice, this place sounds like it is ran out of someone's basement. For those of you who would like to try their luck, Officemax is offering the same deal I got again (KHypermedia 100 pack, "700MB/48X" <--- note quote for free after rebates) this Sunday the 24th through next Saturday. Good luck.

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 50
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 12/13/2003 9:47:59 PM   
cm546

Got some of those too about 6 months ago here is the atip and my results burning to these disc suppose to be 800 mb 40x I could not make a reliable burn at anything other than 4x. Other than these disc I have had no trouble burning at high speed on cheapest media. Although these disc seem to of higher quality than a lot i have bought They need to get their labeling straight.

drive optorite cw4002
Manufacturer : Mitsubishi
Code : 97m34s22f
Disc Type : CD-R
Usage : General
Recording Layer : Dye Type 2: Long Strategy (Cyanine, AZO)
Recording Speed : n/a
Capacity : 74:43.00
656 MB
Additional Capacity : n/a
Overburn Capacity : not tested

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 51
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI