CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1334 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/31/2003 5:56:24 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

It appears AZO dye results with LiteON drives are somewhat inconsistant. I believe rjw may have some input on this one? I know he has done some looking at LiteON/AZO relations in the past.

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 33
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/1/2003 2:46:56 AM   
jason4k

HeNry2kOoL: Pls see my earlier posts for test results of quality issues. I think they're of pretty good quality, only my T.Y. resulted with similar quality. I burned with my plextor though. Also, the azo's were detected to be only able to burn at 16x with my LTR-5224.

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 34
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/1/2003 11:16:25 AM   
HeNry2kOoL

jason4k: Thanks, but I thought the 80mins Mitsubishi you found in your spindle were Super Azo discs so that's why I asked. It seems that your 16x Metal Azo discs are far better than the Super Azo's which is what all of the discs in my spindle are. Maybe I should try burning them at lower speeds and see how the quality results go.

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 35
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/1/2003 10:02:26 PM   
jason4k

HeNry2kOoL: Actually, the 700mb's I found were also detected to be able to burn only at 16x from my LTR-5224. I don't know whether it's Metal or super azo... I haven't burn any of those yet, but when I do, I'll post up the results here.

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 36
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/3/2003 2:50:27 PM   
rjw

While the first results looked like there were no problems. New results have indictated that there actually is and that it's more
complicated as expected.

Lite On claims it's MCC that have huge differences between quality.
While there are differences in quality. MCC claims that the disc should work in more then 95% of the cases okay at there speed if the media is supported correct by the burner.
In other words it's pointing back to Lite On saying you actually didn't implemented our media correct. Lookeing at the fact that a Plextor/Yamaha drives could actually burn disc's from a same batch correct while Lite On screws up.

I have some doubts of the way Lite On is implementing there media. This fact is a bit continued based on some other manufacturers. (Sometimes a very limited speed support that the disc's will burn good when it is burned at one speed but that any other speed isn't very good. Something I have seen less with Plextor and Yamaha.

However another way you could also point the finger to MCC because if they know that these very small diferences can make a huge difference on some brands then why not try to avoid them.

So there are 2 sides of the story.
And I think personally that both parties are guilty when it comes to the bad support of AZO media on Lite On's.

To put it simple better not use AZO media on Lite On's.

Lite On users better stay to TY, Ritek.

Plextor, Yamaha users can better buy MCC AZO media as Ritek

Infact all users (unless people were stupid enough to buy Artec) can better use TY only unless they want to try something different,
can't get TY, or need something special for some reason(MAM-E GOLD [?])

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 37
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/10/2003 8:59:11 AM   
jason4k

Henry2kool: sry I'm kinda late for posting up my results. I made a burn with my LTR52246S at 12x (16 was the max for me). And here's the result.

http://www.geocities.com/jasonjy002/azo80.html

If you burns at lower than 16x, can you post up those results?

oh btw, how can you tell if it's a super or metal azo? by their color?

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 38
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/10/2003 12:13:49 PM   
HeNry2kOoL

jason4k: Are you sure you tested your cd at 16x? Because CD Doctor only has two options of testing at full speed, or at 8x. Anyways, those are EXTREMELY good results! I have never tested or seen a cd with that low of an error rate before and that's pretty damn amazing.

Here's my results of my Mitsubishi Super AZO disc burned at 8x and tested at 8x on my LTR-48125W with CD Doctor:

[img]http://www.geocities.com/henry2cool/cdtest2.txt[/img]

You can usually tell a Metal AZO disc from an Super AZO disc by looking at the shade of blue of the recording layer. Metal AZO would have a very dark blue color while Super AZO would have a much lighter blue color.

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 39
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/10/2003 8:50:03 PM   
jason4k

HENRY2KOOL: Yes, I'm sure that I tested with 16x. I'm using CDDOCTOR 1.2.0 BETA PHASE 1 version, and it lets me choose between 8x, 16x and max speed... When I tested with max speed for those cdrs, the result was similar too. And also, I think from my box of khypermedia cdrs, they were all metal azo, cuz the color is all dark blue for them... Also just to let you know that, I burned one of those metal azo with OPTORITE CW5205 (52X24X52) CDRW, the result was very POOR. I got over 100 max C1 errors, and even some C2 errors at the end with max speed testing... so I think that cdrw drive might influence the quality... If you have another cdrw, can you burn/test with it, and post the results?

Oh, I also have a mitsubishi super azo, it was verbatim datalifeplus from my liteon retail package... I will post up the result for that one after I burn it.

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 40
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/10/2003 9:10:22 PM   
HeNry2kOoL

jason4k: Unfortunately this is the only cd-rw drive that I'm using so I can only burn cds off of this one. My friend does have that same Optorite drive that you burned from, maybe some day I can try one of my discs on it and see how it does with super azo's. And I also need to find that version of CD Doctor. You should try turning off SmartBURN and burn your metal azo's at 24x or 32x, since your error rate is so low it'd be interesting to see how it does at a higher speed.

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 41
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/10/2003 10:18:02 PM   
jason4k

HENRY2KOOL: you can get that beta version of cddoc here:

http://www2.tcnet.ne.jp/miyuri/files/doctor_120b1.zip

It's from the software page of cdrinfo.com.

Also, I don't think I can turn off the smartburn in nero to test out for higher speed...

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 42
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/11/2003 10:27:00 AM   
rjw

The debate out MCC quality goes on.

Nec claimed afters some test results that showed bad for there N-1300 model that Verbatim DVD+RW and DVD-RW show big differences in manufactuering quality. This would cause higher error ratio and incompatibility.

Looking at PC profesional (german magazine) I think NEC results have been proven.
Tested was compatability of DVD+RW,DVD+R,DVD-RW,DVD-R and it showed differences for the NEC OEM traxdata writer and the real N-1300.
Normally this wouldn't be the case unless one of the parties screwed up. (It could also be the case that NEC has huge differences in it's production quality of dvd writers.)

Lite On and compatability with MCC AZO media.

By the way I finally found one box verbatim metal azo disc's that are performing less good on my Lite On 48246S. (At high speed shows high C1 errors and one disc even C2)
On my plextor and on the Matush*ta slimline drive I used for burning there was no significant difference in error ratio between these disc's.

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 43
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/12/2003 5:11:38 AM   
Reinhart

quote:

Originally posted by jason4k

Ok, here's the ATIP:

ATIP: 97m 34s 21f
Disc Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Chemicals Corp.
Reflective layer: Dye (Long strategy; e.g. Cyanine, Azo etc.)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 656.40MB (74m 43s 00f / LBA: 336075)

Well, even though they're 74 minute audio blanks with only a max speed of 16x, at least they're something decent (Verbatim/Mitsubishi) as opposed to being something REALLY crappy, like CMC. - Reinhart

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 44
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/21/2003 5:02:11 AM   
highschoolfootballhero

Jason4k-
quote:
just went to my local officemax today and bought a 50pk 700MB Khypermedia 48X (supposely) cdrs, free after 2 rebates. After I put one cdr into my drive, it reports that it's 656MB (not 700), and with my LITEON 52246S, it detects the disc can be only record at 16X under nero! Ok, that's not it! Upon closer inspection, I found under the innermost side of the recording surface, there was something blacked and whited out, but some words can still be seen... guess what I saw :) 7B5781-CDR-H74-AUDIO!! It's some freaking re-packaged 16X (I GUESS) AUDIO CD!!

I bought a 100 pack of 48x/700mb khypermedia that were also free after rebates. This is what I got:
Media Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
Recording Layer: Cyanine Material
Free Space: 656.4 MB
Maximum Write Speed: 24X
The number on the bottom of my discs is: 7B7861-CDR-T74D AZO

Anyone know what exactly these are?
What does AZO mean?

KHypermedia can get into trouble for this. The specs on the packaging and disc labels should be the specs of the discs. If I would of known that they were not 700 MB discs, I wouldn't of got them even if they are free after rebate. I am going to call them on this, if they don't do something about it, I am going to report them.

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 45
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/21/2003 6:46:20 AM   
TerminalVeloCD

@highschoolfootballhero,

You should be thankful that you got these Mitsubishi/Verbatim Metal AZO discs! They're worth much more than the usual CMC discs you get from KHypermedia and they are MUCH more consistant! Consider yourself lucky!

TerminalVeloCD

Currently Own:
* ASUS CRW-5232AS 'QuieTrak'
* JLMS XJ-HD165H
* LiteON LDW-451S@851S
* LiteON LTR-32123S
* LiteON LTR-52327S
* LiteON SOHR-5238S
* NEC ND-2500A@2510A
* NEC ND-3500A
* Pioneer DVR-107D
* Pioneer DVR-108

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 46
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/21/2003 11:06:16 AM   
rjw

The other Real disc's would probally have lasted less then 2 years.
While the verbatims should last.
Problem is that there 16x/32x rated, 74 minutes disc's which is not actually the product people want to get.

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 47
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 8/21/2003 9:17:01 PM   
highschoolfootballhero

quote:
@highschoolfootballhero,

You should be thankful that you got these Mitsubishi/Verbatim Metal AZO discs! They're worth much more than the usual CMC discs you get from KHypermedia and they are MUCH more consistant! Consider yourself lucky!

TerminalVeloCD

OK, I will. However, I am going to have to look for another deal on true 700mb disks. I usually burn vcds, in order to maximize quality, I need to maximize filesize. It is still a shame that khypermedia is mislabeling their products. At least, they could let the consumer know know exactly what they are getting. I still would consider buying these discs for other purposes.

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI